The First Space War – Set in the year 2032, Xenoraid depicts the first ever space war. Earth is under attack by a small alien raiding fleet, and starfighters are improvised by arming existing spacecrafts with machineguns, autocannons, missiles and experimental weapons.
Xenoraid Key Features:
- Procedurally Driven Missions – Missions are driven procedurally from set parameters, keeping the action fresh. Enemies always appear from surprising directions and in various formations, removing mission memorization from gameplay.
- A Team of Wingmen – In Xenoraid up to four fighters take part in each mission and you can switch between them at will. All shot up and about to explode? Bring in a fresh fighter! A heavy enemy giving you trouble? Switch to the fighter with a 100mm cannon to blow it away!
- Focus on Shooting – The best way to destroy attacking alien fighters is to fire short and controlled bursts. Constantly blasting away will overheat guns and lock them down for a brief emergency cooling. Lining up a shot and squeezing the trigger feels better than flying around while holding the trigger.
- Attack in Angles – In Xenoraid player fighters turn lightly when moving left and right, allowing shooting in angles. It further emphasizes shooting as an exciting core mechanic. Spray and pray will only take you so far.
- Campaign and Tech Upgrades – Xenoraid features a campaign mode with several multi-mission battles, bosses, weapon and tech upgrades, and storyline.
- Survival Mode and Local Co-Op – The campaign mode and Survival game mode are playable as local co-op with full gamepad support.
Here is the Xenoraid Steam Greenlight trailer:
Xenoraid is slated for a PC release in 2016.