Microsoft has announced that more than 1,000,000 Xbox One consoles have been sold worldwide in less than 24 hours.
Microsoft said that “it’s the biggest launch in Xbox history.”
Corporate Vice President, Phil Harrison said:
“We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world,” said Yusuf Mehdi, CVP of marketing and strategy. “Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this season.”
Microsoft dropped a few Xbox Live gameplay figures for the new console, stating that in the last 24 hours:
- Over 60 million zombies have been killed in Dead Rising 3
- Over 3.6 million miles were driven in Forza Motorsport 5
- Over 7.1 million combos were pulled off in Killer Instinct
- Over 8.5 million enemies have been defeated in Ryse: Son of Rome
- Over 43.3 million Fit Points were earned in Xbox Fitness
Xbox One launched in 13 markets yesterday with 22 game titles available, including 10 exclusive titles.
In case you missed it, check out the Xbox One Day One photos.
Did you get an Xbox One?