NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–2K today announced that WWE 2K16, the latest addition to the flagship WWE video game franchise, is available now on Windows PC via Steam. Offered for $49.99, WWE 2K16 for Windows PC delivers all of the action offered in WWE 2K16 for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, including the largest roster in franchise history of more than 120 playable characters; two playable versions of 2015 WWE Hall of Fame inductee and global action film icon, Arnold Schwarzenegger; and the story-driven 2K Showcase featuring WWE Hall of Famer and WWE 2K16 cover Superstar, Stone Cold Steve Austin.
In addition, WWE 2K16 provides consumers with all of the game’s previously released downloadable content for Windows PC, including new playable characters, moves and story-driven content, at no additional cost. Details on the available content are as follows:
WWE 2K16 for Windows PC – Content with Game Purchase:
The following items are immediately accessible at launch for consumers who purchase WWE 2K16 for Windows PC, with no additional charges:
- Full Game;
- Access to two playable versions of Arnold Schwarzenegger as T-800 from The Terminator and T-800 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day;
- MyPlayer Kickstart:
- Players will gain instant access to boost created Superstar ratings and attributes in the game’s MyCareer mode.
- Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game.
- New Moves Pack:
- More than 30 new moves, including the Corner Enzuigiri (made popular by WWE Diva Nikki Bella), Avalanche Ram (made popular by WWE Diva Paige), Sidewinder Suplex (made popular by WWE and NXT Superstar Kevin Owens), Standing Crossface Chickenwing (made popular by WWE Superstar Stardust) and Dragon Sleeper (made popular by NXT Superstar Finn Bálor).
- Legends Pack:
- Playable WWE Legends: Big Boss Man, Dusty Rhodes, Lita, Mr. Perfect, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Trish Stratus.
- Future Stars Pack:
- Playable NXT Superstars: Samoa Joe, Diego, Fernando, Blake and Murphy.
- 2015 Hall of Fame Showcase:
- Playable matches include:
- “Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Jake “The Snake” Roberts;
- Rikishi vs. The Rock;
- Alundra Blayze vs. Paige;
- Larry Zbyszko and Arn Anderson vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and Dustin Rhodes;
- Tatsumi Fujinami vs. Ric Flair;
- The Bushwhackers (Butch Miller and Luke Williams) vs. The Natural Disasters (Typhoon and Earthquake);
- The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) vs. Harlem Heat (Booker T and Stevie Ray).
- Playable matches include:
“I’m a bit of a WWE historian myself, and one of the things I’m most excited about is being able to play as the past, present and future of WWE,” said WWE Superstar Seth Rollins. “Every year, the WWE 2K franchise gives a sample of that through downloadable content, whether it’s great WWE Legends and rivalries of the past or the latest additions to the NXT roster. If you buy WWE 2K16 on PC though, you get all of that awesome DLC content included free of charge. Yeah, you read that correctly: the DLC is free.”
“We are always looking to expand WWE 2K’s offerings on additional platforms and were encouraged by last year’s PC franchise debut,” said Greg Thomas, President at Visual Concepts. “WWE 2K16’s power-packed features and free downloadable content are a great combination for the PC platform and help us reach even more WWE 2K fans around the world.”
About WWE 2K16 for Windows PC:
WWE 2K16 delivers the most authentic, comprehensive and action-packed WWE experience to date, including the largest roster of WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends in WWE games history, the story-driven 2K Showcase based on WWE 2K16cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin and significant additions to the game’s Creation Suite and online offerings, as well as a host of gameplay enhancements. WWE 2K16 feature highlights include:
- Extensive Roster: Offering more than 120 playable characters, including cover Superstar Stone Cold Steve Austin alongside WWE Superstars Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Undertaker and Dean Ambrose, WWE Diva Paige and NXT Superstar Finn Bálor, WWE 2K16 delivers the largest roster in WWE games history;
- Gameplay Improvements: WWE 2K16 builds upon last year’s foundation, including key enhancements and innovations to deliver the strongest WWE gameplay experience to date. Improved controls, a new reversal system, new pin system and chain wrestling improvements are chief among the enhancements this year;
- 2K Showcase: The franchise’s popular story-based mode returns in WWE 2K16, enabling players to relive more than 25 iconic moments in Stone Cold Steve Austin’s career, including matches with The Rock, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and Mr. McMahon. Along the way, they are treated to video packages featuring classic WWE footage and complete objectives to unlock legendary characters, entrance and ring gear, match types and other unlockable content;
- Creation Suite: WWE 2K16’s Creation Suite deepens the player’s arsenal with new feature options, including Create-a-Diva, Create-a-Championship, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Show. Key improvements were also made to existing fan-favorite offerings, including Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Entrance, Superstar Studio and Community Creations. In addition, the franchise-first WWE 2K16 Creation Studio App explores player freedom like never before through import of face and logo photos via iOS and Android devices to create custom Superstars and Divas with unique faces, tattoos, arena decals, Championship designs, electronic billboards, show logos and more;
- MyCareer: The franchise’s career-driven mode, now in its second year, will see players define their legacies by making critical choices in their quest to be inducted in the WWE Hall of Fame. Players will begin their journey at the WWE Performance Center, and through a series of objectives, rise through the ranks to join NXT, compete to earn a spot on the WWE main roster and strive for the ultimate prize of a Hall of Fame induction. As part of the quest, players can now conduct personality-driven interviews, interfere with rivals, form tag teams or create alliances en route to defining their legendary careers;
- Online: WWE 2K16 provides players with multiple ways to play online with the WWE 2K community. No longer utilizing background matchmaking, the game now offers a prestige system that tracks user progress and results throughout their online careers. Additional online features include:
- WWE Live: WWE 2K16’s standard matchmaking option delivers more match types to compete in this year. In addition, after choosing their Superstars and match types, players will enter a practice session to warm up their Superstars while the system finds opponents and sets up matches;
- 2K Tonight: This new feature delivers dynamic daily events, themed after all major WWE televisions shows and pay-per-views, with opportunities to provide players with boosts for their participation;
- Team Up: Requested by the WWE 2K community, players can now invite friends to join them in two- or three-man tag team competition against others;
- Private Match: This feature offers complete freedom for players to invite their friends to their own matches, enabling them to play online together;
- Community Creations: An online staple of the WWE 2K online experience, this feature enables users to upload, explore and download the best custom Superstars, Divas, Arenas, Shows, Movesets and logos created by the WWE Universe;
- WWE Universe: WWE 2K16 makes core improvements to stories, rivals and match card selections. In addition, for the first time, Superstars can be assigned to multiple shows, enabling players to have a broader experience;
- Overall Upgrades: For the first time, a three-man commentary team is now a part of the franchise, with John “Bradshaw” Layfield joining returning commentators Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler. Also new this year, seamless transitions between entrances and the start of matches now see the camera pan the arena and to the commentary team for thoughts on the upcoming matches. Significant improvements were also made to overall match presentation and flow.
Developed collaboratively by Yuke’s and Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, WWE 2K16 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. WWE 2K16 is available now on PS4 and PS3 systems, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC. For more information on WWE 2K16 and 2K, visit wwe.2k.com, become a fan on Facebook, follow the game on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtags #WWE2K16 and #RaiseSomeHell or subscribe on YouTube.