INITIAL TRACKS AND GROUNDBREAKING EIGHT-PLAYER MIC SUPPORT HEADLINE FIRST DETAILS REVEALED FOR WE SING
We Sing Productions, Formed by Nordic Games, Wired Productions and Le Cortex, Aims to Deliver the Ultimate Music Singing Experience
LONDON — Interactive music collaboration We Sing Productions, a joint enterprise between Wired Productions, Nordic Games and Le Cortex, is happy to announce that the top-selling, award-winning karaoke game series We Sing is back, and it’s bigger and better than ever before.
Headed to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft later this year, We Sing builds on the success of the original series for Nintendo Wii, which set the bar for being the only music game to support group singing with up to four microphones. This next generation version of We Sing will offer support for up to eight mics, and will feature 30 of the hottest and most iconic hits along with a host of cutting edge technology and gameplay experiences for the music singing category.
In We Sing, players can sing together or go solo, climbing to the top of the online leaderboards to become the star they were born to be. We Sing features all original artist recordings along with their official music videos. The game’s unique eight mic support enables players to use their smartphones as an additional mic with the freeWe Sing Mic companion app in addition to using a We Sing certified mic for a truly authentic studio experience.
Featuring the international number one smash hit “Dancing Queen” by Abba and the late great David Bowie’s iconic classic “Let’s Dance”, the full We Sing track list, to be announced in the coming weeks, encompasses the biggest songs from across five decades including recent hits DNCE’s “Cake By The Ocean,” “Stitches” by Shawn Mendes, “Chandelier” by Sia, and “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth. More tracks along with exciting game features will be revealed as We Sing Productions readies the game’s worldwide launch, later this year.
“We’re delighted to bring We Sing to a new audience, building on the tenants that made the original series a resounding success,” said Alasdair Hibberd, Product Manager for We Sing games. “Our new We Sing game has been built from the ground up, utilizing the Unreal 4 engine alongside the highest calibre of audio technologies, including the KaraEngine™ to deliver an immersive experience, for the next generation of gamers.”
“Our intentions for We Sing are lofty. Having the significant support and expanding strength of Nordic Games to begin this journey with a brand new console title puts us in a great place to start this most excellent of musical adventures,” added Nik Blower, franchise director, Nordic Games.
This news follows the announcement of We Sing Productions, the joint interactive music collaboration formed earlier this year between Nordic Games, Wired Productions and Le Cortex. All three companies collaborated on the original series, bringing together over 150 combined years of experience and expertise in creating titles featuring high-profile intellectual properties from the music industry.
We Sing Key Features:
- Sing your heart out to the hottest hits from the biggest artists – including original recordings and HD videos from across five decades
- Connect up to four USB microphones and download the free We Sing Mic app (available for iOS and Android devices) to sing with up to eight friends simultaneously
- Sing with friends or rock it solo to top the online leaderboards and become a star
- Featuring six game modes, including We Sing mode to sing and score together, and Sing-Off mode to compete individually
- Sing along with your favorite artists or dive into a true karaoke experience with the original instrumental recordings
- Turn your console into a music channel and watch every song’s music video in Jukebox Mode
- Turn up the heat and show off your perfect pitch with We Sing’s three difficulty settings
- Create and save playlists of your favorite tracks for future and non-stop play
- Gameplay powered by the KaraEngine™ for ultra-accurate pitch detection
- Studio quality audio pipeline allows players to hear the music the way it was meant to sound
- Explore a dynamic 3D user interface with audio effects and choose the songs to sing from the dynamic carousel
- Anti-cheat and auto-lag detection systems
- Game built in the Unreal Engine® 4
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese language support
We Sing will be available to play at gamescom in Cologne. Stop by and show us your best performance at the Nordic Games Booth C20, Hall 8.