VIRGO’s dreamy VR experience is coming soon to HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and PC via Steam
MIAMI, FL – Music label and videogames publisher, The Revera Corporation, and developer-musician VIRGO, announced today that their debut VR title, Water Planet, is preparing for launch on PC, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift via Steam.
Straight out of a daydream, Water Planet is an immersive first-person VR exploration title, which started life as a visual accompaniment to VIRGO’s unparalleled live music performances. The game has been developed from the-ground-up with unmistakable visuals, inspired every step of the way by VIRGO’s Ocean Tech music style; blending house, trance and future beats genres.
Water Planet is set on a beautiful and mysterious distant blue world, not too dissimilar to a future Earth. Gamers will take on the role of an interstellar traveller gathering resources to fuel an interplanetary expedition. Amid endless oceans and mountains that cut through dense fog, players will stumble upon hidden temples and monuments just waiting to be discovered. Players must uncover the planet’s many mysteries as the on-board A.I., Gemini, guides them through vast underwater worlds and sunken ruins, echoing the atmospheric synths, soothing basslines and hypnotic vocals of VIRGO’s acclaimed Water Planet E.P.
Key features include:
- SOUNDTRACK AND ORIGINAL SCORE BY VIRGO – Includes songs from Water Planet EP, accompanied by an atmospheric and evolving score that builds throughout each level, all written and performed by VIRGO.
- EMOTIVE NARRATIVE – While gathering resources on a distant planet, help your new cybernetic jellyfish friend name Aqua.
- EXPANSIVE LEVELS – Explore open waters, trek over liquid mountains and wander through alien structures across a blue-hued and abandoned world.
- INTERACTIVE MUSIC – Be a part of the music throughout the game and have a chance to interact with it in an unexpected way.
- OBJECTIVE MARKERS – In addition to narrative guidance from Gemini, your onboard A.I., luminous light spheres guide you.
- DLC – Water Planet Original Soundtrack.
Here is the Water Planet VR Demo with VIRGO Trailer:
The Publisher-Developer duo have confirmed that Water Planet will be available for fans to download in early October on Steam.