Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile announced that it’s looking for a Senior 3D Artist as well as a Senior Concept Artist.
Take a look at the job descriptions below:
Senior 3D Artist – Ubisoft Barcelona Mobile
Main missions include:
· You possess advanced skills that allow you to work in autonomy, and make solid decisions with regards to asset creation and document processes.
· Ensure all models/assets created (shape, color, shading) reach required quality level.
· Successfully propose solutions to given problems and advise/guide Art team members through excellent communication skills and assertiveness.
· Optimize use of the 3D software and define constraints based on project needs.
· Anticipate the art team needs in the project and proactively streamline productivity.
· Bachelor’s degree in Arts.
· At least 4 years of experience in game development: modeling, rigging, texturing and rendering using 3DS Max and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs).
· Good knowledge creating low and high-poly 3D characters and objects.
· Advanced skills in creating texture maps (light, shade, color, and details).
· Good understanding of human and animal anatomy with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling.
· Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity.
· Passion for videogames and knowledge of the gaming industry.
· Good command of English (written, spoken).
· Pluses: Animation skills (2D/3D). Knowledge and experience of Blender, Unity, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, Fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
And here is the position description for Sr. Concept Artist:
Main missions include:
- In collaboration with the Lead artist, generate high quality concept art traditionally and/or digitally in order to convey the artistic direction of characters and/or environments pertaining to a game and define the overall look and art style of a game.
- Generate art at multiple levels, i.e. storyboards, thumbnails, sketches, color comps, show pieces, loading screens and Key art.
- Create art in a wide range of styles from realistic to cartoon, from start concept to implementation in the game.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding in both 3D and 2D game processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts or related field.
- 4/5+ years of experience as Concept Artist.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity.
- Passion for videogames and knowledge of the gaming industry.
- Extensive traditional fine art skills and production experience (illustration, painting, human anatomy, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design).
- Proficient in the use of Photoshop/Painter.
- Pluses: Experience with 3D tools, modeling and texturing in both Low and High poly (3D max, Blender, ZBrush). Knowledge of animation, Illustrator, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
Please pass this along to anyone who might benefit from these two positions.