Update builds on the player and press feedback of five months in Early Access, introducing a bunch of new features and optimizations
Hamburg, Germany, February 8, 2016 – Daedalic Entertainment and Corbie Games today have published the first major update for their historical train sim Bounty Train for PC and Mac, currently in Steam’s Early Access. This update combines all the feedback by players and press collected over the course of the last months,while further updates are scheduled to arrive before the Q2 2016 full game release.
About the update: A new day/night cycle adds a realistic touch, and the developers have tweaked the whole in-game economy to allow for smoother play. A number of new events make travelling more exciting. And players may now change the load out of characters and customize their cabins — both features are aimed at enabling players to develop a more individual play-style. Additionally, countless small optimizations and bugfixes are introduced, among them a new save system.
Bounty Train takes place in the America of the 1860s, the player is the son of a Railroad Tycoon out to fulfill his dead father’s grand dream: an unbroken train line across America. But his former partners have other plans in store, and the building of the line becomes a desperate race to prevent a great evil.
Bounty Train is a complex, tactically challenging game. The player has to keep many balls in the air — dealing with real time skirmishes with bandits, trading good for the best prices, resource management, train optimization and keeping the line (and train) in good repair. In addition, Bounty Train confronts the player with historical events, from the onset of the Civil War to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln — and depending on player choices and performance, the course of history may be changed.
Bounty Train borrows elements from many genres and uses them to build a greater whole, a new unique strategy game experience. A masterpiece for strategy fans everywhere.
Bounty Train Features:
- A mix of strategy, simulation and rogue-like gameplay elements
- Player gets to control a beautiful, historically accurate steam train
- Manage your train and routes, protect your train and its cargo as you steam across the American frontier
- The unique setting brings special challenges – defend your train against bandits, raiders and more
- Running a train means hiring a good crew, and that crew includes gunslingers, snipers and other dangerous types
- Player actions influence the course of history, reflected in the game by multiple endings
- No two games are ever the same, how far will you get in building your rail empire?
Bounty Train is now available on Steam’s Early Access. The full game will release Q2 2016.