A number of important updates were included with the PC version of Tomb Raider patch. In addition, Crystal Dynamics rolled out a bunch of fixes for Nvidia and Intel hardware as well as fixed a bug in later missions which prevented progress for some players.
The patch also added X-axis inversion and separate invert settings for control pads versus mouse and keyboard set ups. It rectified issues with fullscreen. For those who prefer to stick to the old version, Crystal Dynamics is offering a “beta” version of the unpatched.
Here are the full patch notes (build 1.0.718.4):
- Addressed some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode
- Various other small fixes.
The patch should automatically download the next time you play the game. If not, just restart Steam. Have you patched your game yet? Let us know by commenting below.