Choice Provisions has just released a huge (and free!) update to the Steam version of Tharsis. This update includes a completely revamped tutorial, a smoother difficulty curve in the main game, the introduction of unlockable “skull” avatars, five new missions, and more.
Here’s the full list of what players can expect from the Tharsis Update:
- Bug fixes galore
- A completely revamped tutorial. We highly recommend you play through it if you’ve had a hard time understanding Tharsis!
- Introduction of unlockable “skull” avatars. We’ll talk more about the unlock criteria as time goes on. For now, we want to see how many of you can figure it out without our assistance…
- Smoother difficulty curve in Normal mode
- Hard mode is now harder than ever
- Five new missions available in Missions mode
- Research mechanic now more streamlined and easier to understand
Many of the items on this list are things the developer had hoped to include in the original release of Tharsis, but simply didn’t have time to implement. To celebrate their addition, Tharsis will be 50% off on Steam from now until August 4.