Pilot a Leviathan Mech & Assemble a Deadly Squad of Templar Knights to Fight Xenos in Templar Battleforce
BOSTON, Mass. — Sept. 23, 2015 — Templar Battleforce is now on Steam! A tactical, story-driven RPG from Trese Brothers Games, Templar Battleforce is the fourth game set in the Star Traders sci-fi world — and it inherits the rich story and hardcore strategic gameplay of its predecessors.
Equipped with your very own Leviathan Mech, take on the role of a mighty Templar Knight commander as you lead your fire team of specialized Templar Knights to victory against terrifying Xenos, rogue humans, and the ancient Narvidian threat. Create and customize your battleforce to meet any tactical situation — from cunning Scouts, flamethrowing Hydras, specialized Engineers, deadly Sentry Turrets, and indomitable Berserks. Templar Battleforce’s unique blend of army building and RPG gameplay ensures that no two fire teams are alike.
Veteran Templars will fight by your side until the bitter end — with each victory improving their abilities and combat prowess. Like any good commander, you’ll want to keep these battle-hardened warriors alive . . . because death is permanent. Losing one of your combat elites can spell long-term disaster, since you’ll need to recruit rookies to replace them.
Each combat scenario requires a different level of tactical superiority. Templar Battleforce’s battlegrounds range from close-combat, corridor-to-corridor situations to open desert warfare with nothing but the sand to provide cover. Be prepared to take defensive last stands and make a well-executed, scorched-earth retreat — or go on the offensive and infiltrate enemy lines to capture key tactical points. Making sure you have the right fire team to get the job done is critical if you intend to stay alive.
The Templar Knights are a martial order sworn to protect the Star Traders – the last known free humans. Under the guidance of the Templars and the prophet Shalun, the Star Traders departed the ruins of the Galactic Core — leaving behind the desolation wrought by the great Galactic War. Guided by the prophet, the Star Traders sought a new home among the stars. Across the multi-generational journey of the Great Exodus, many ships have disappeared, fallen behind, or splintered from the main fleet — scattering the Star Traders to the galactic winds.
With the Great Exodus coming to an end, the Star Traders founded new colonies on the few remaining habitable worlds. The Templar Knights are called upon once again to defend the Star Traders and their new colonies from an ancient threat.
“Templar Battleforce is blood and steel combined,” says Andrew Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “Once again, we’re giving players a real challenge — this time, to blast, hack, and burn their way across the quadrant to defend the Star Traders’ new home.”
“Collaboration is a core part of our philosophy. Including the community in our design process has been a key factor in making games that keep players coming back again and again,” adds Cory Trese, co-founder of Trese Brother Games. “We are beyond thrilled to finally deliver the next chapter in the Star Traders saga.”
- Lead the Templars in turn-based tactical warfare across 30+ unique scenarios
- Face diverse challenges in every deployment: corridor-to-corridor, open desert warfare, territory control (capturing tactical points), defensive last stands, scorched-earth retreats, infiltration deep behind enemy lines, and complex puzzles
- Lead your squad in battle against immense and mighty bosses
- Immerse yourself in a branching sci-fi storyline with multiple endings
- Deploy specialist Templars and discover unique fireteam combinations with stealth, grenades, defensive overwatch, scorching flamethrowers, hindering attacks, and sentry turrets
- Face 15+ diverse enemy units: Xenos, Narvidians, and rogue human factions
- Build your unique battleforce with exacting precision, recruiting and designing every squad member
- Customize the appearance, armor design, talents, and equipment of your veteran Templars
- Endless combinations of squads, soldiery, and tactics will keep you coming back for more!
Here is the official trailer:
Templar Battleforce is now available for Windows PC, Mac and Linux on Steam for $8.49, a 15% discount from the $9.99 retail price. The discounted price will end on September 28.
Source: Press Release