Developed by Czech studio Ebenit, Take the Cake will put your puzzle-solving skills to the test with lighthearted, physics-driven gameplay and a minimalist art style that never gets in the way of the action.
In Take the Cake, Frank the Friendly Furball is on a mission to track down his stolen cake. Playing as Frank, you’ll face off against nasty robots and menacing bosses as you progress through five mysterious environments – and 27 levels – by changing Frank’s color and exploiting gravity to your advantage. Stay alive by avoiding falls, sharp spikes … or becoming a snack. If all else fails, you can always pick up a handmade rocket to even the odds!
Martin Kuneš (Founder, Ebenit):
“When I first had the idea for Take the Cake, I wanted to make a game that engaged the player’s critical thinking skills without requiring a ton of exposition or written instructions. Everything is communicated visually – from basic gameplay mechanics to the story itself. Gameplay-wise, I made sure to include enough variety to allow for hours and hours of fun. I even threw in few boss fights … I mean, surprises along the way :)”
- Explore 27 levels across five colorful environments
- Experience platforming with realistic physics and color-changing mechanics
- Choose how to play – either with a keyboard or gamepad
- Compete against other players for the best completion time in each level
- Enjoy an epic story told without a single word