In a Star Wars: The Old Republic developer blog, James Ohlen, Studio Creative Director at BioWare and Game Director of Star Wars: The Old Republic, talks about how Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic has influenced SWTOR.
Today is the 10-year birthday of Star Wars: The Knights of the Old Republic. In celebration, SWTOR is offering the following exclusive items in the Cartel Market:
- “Revan’s Heir” title for 10 Cartel Coins – this title is available for 24 hours only (July 15 12AM PDT/7AM UTC to July 16 12AM PDT/7AM UTC)
- KotOR related player title up for sale in the Cartel Market for 10 Cartel Coins
- Free Cartel Coins on Facebook at 10:00 am today and throughout the day worldwide
Ohlen wanted to convey how The Knights of the Old Republic influenced SWTOR, and listed the followingt most important points:
- Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era
- Cinematic storytelling
- The internal struggle between good and evil
- Becoming a Jedi
- Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship
- Traveling to many different worlds
- Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.
Ohlen finished by saying that:
“Ten years from its release, I think people will look back on the scope and quality of storytelling in SWTOR and realize its impact on popular culture. Considering how the SWTOR community is thriving right now, I think we’ll be celebrating the anniversary of SWTOR right here on the website!”
What are your thoughts?