Developer Veewo has announced that 2D platformer Super Phantom Cat is now available on iOS devices.
Super Phantom Cat pays homage to Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong Country, and Sonic The Hedgehog. This time, you don’t collect coins, bananas or gold rings . . . but data — which in turn allows Chemist White (the game’s protagonist) to change into a number of characters and eventually become the all-powerful Super Phantom Cat.
Jason Yeung (CEO, Veewo Games) quoted:
“Super Phantom Cat lovingly recreates all the things you enjoyed about hardcore platformers from the ‘80s and ‘90s. We made sure that both the touchscreen and accelerometer-driven controls were very precise and absolutely responsive — allowing players to really go for those seemingly impossible precision jumps. We wouldn’t have it any other way!”
Super Phantom Cat Key Features:
- A modern twist on retro platformers with a quirky plot
- Clean, colorful art and whimsical character design
- Awesome chiptune soundtrack
- Hardcore platforming gameplay that’s perfectly tuned for touchscreens
- Fully customizable controls
- Bonus levels for even more challenge and depth
- Endearing unlockable characters ranging from a cute chicken to a menacing vampire (and everything in between)
Here is the official Super Phantom Cat trailer:
Super Phantom Cat is now available on the App Store for $1.99 — with one $0.99 IAP. A free-to-play version — featuring three $0.99 IAPs — will be available soon.
The premium version was originally priced at $0.99. However, a brand new feature (and corresponding IAP) was added to the free-to-play build — so the price of the premium game is now closer to the fully upgraded free-to-play version.