Stargate Update – Now Live on Steam
Haarlem, The Netherlands – With a steady stream of updates and patches in the past weeks, developer Ashdar Games and publisher Iceberg Interactive are now introducing two new factions in the latest major update to Steam’s Early Access release of Stars in Shadow, named Stargate. The turn-based 4x strategy space PC title started strongly back in September of this year, resulting in a positive user rating of 92%.
Both the new Phidi Combine faction as well as the Ashdar Imperials faction are now playable by all owners of Stars in Shadow. The Phidi Combine faction unlocks the special Mercenary Exchange, which allows the Phidi faction to hire mercenaries from any of the major races. The Ashdar Imperials faction comes with their own ancient Stargate, which acts as a one-way portal to any star system; but beware, send them too far and they cannot return.
For a complete overview of the Stargate update with all of its additions, improvements and fixes, please visit the official Steam Hub here.
Sven Olsen, lead developer of Ashdar Games says,
“We’d like to thank all our Early Access participants for their support and helpful feedback and suggestions. The game has come a long way in the last few months, and the Early Access community has been an important part of that progress.”
Stars in Shadow Early Access Key Features:
- Epic Scope: – Starting at the dawn of interstellar travel, progress through four eras of technological advancement. Discover the science of planetary terraforming, upgrade your infantry battalions to battle mechs, and grow your fleet from a squadron of destroyers to an armada of planet-destroying Dread Stars.
- Varied Factions: – Seven Playable factions comprising six alien races. Each faction has different research strengths and technology options. Forming alliances, conquering neighboring species, or discovering ancient artifacts may open up additional avenues of research. Choose your race wisely as it impacts which worlds will suit you, what trades or alliances may be offered, and whether your neighbors are inclined to trust you.
- Stylized Setting: – A distinctive comic-book art style and an original, detailed universe backstory draw you into an immersive game world. Interact with a unique cast of alien characters, make friends and influence people, or crush your enemies and see them driven before you.
- Focused High-Level Strategy: – Build a vast and varied empire, taking advantage of the unique traits offered by different alien populations and the worlds they inhabit. A streamlined resource and planetary improvement model keeps the game moving even when your empire grows large.
- Deep Turn-Based Tactical Combat: – Face off against your opponents in complex 2D turn-based tactical battles. Counter your enemy’s missile barrage using point defense or interceptors, then close to energy weapon range! Stars in Shadow’s tactical engine includes several features rarely seen in turn based games. Multi-ship commands keep even large fleet battles fast-paced, and smart unit behaviors allow tight control with minimal micromanagement. Auto-resolve battles that are a foregone conclusion, while retaining the ability to replay any engagement to see exactly what happened.
Publisher Iceberg Interactive is expecting to launch Stars in Shadow in January 2017 on Steam and various other digital download platforms. The game can already be purchased for PC on Steam’s Early Access for $24.99.