Space-Sim Spinoff to Starpoint Gemini 2 Lets Players Explore and Expand in the Legendary Gemini System
HAARLEM, The Netherlands – April 14, 2016 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and Croatian developer Little Green Men Games today launched Starpoint Gemini Warlords, the next installment of the highly successful Starpoint Gemini series, onto Steam’s Early Access program. The game introduces many sought after new features including the player headquarters, a giant space station for storing the fleet, and building new ships. As development of the game progresses, research can be conducted there on weapons, ships, structures, and new HQ modules. Conquer, fight, salvage, rescue, mine, loot and trade your way to interstellar glory in an immense galaxy, close to ten times bigger than in its predecessor Starpoint Gemini 2.
Created from the feedback and suggestions of the highly active player community, Starpoint Gemini Warlords combines action, space-sim, RPG and strategy elements to deliver the ultimate space experience.
Little Green Men Games’ CEO Mario Mihokovich says, ”The time we spent in Early Access with Starpoint Gemini 2 was amazing, but what made it even better was all the great ideas the community gave us during that time. Warlords contains a vast part of that feedback and we’re eager to learn how the community will respond to witnessing their ideas coming to life. We’re looking forward to them joining us again on this new journey.”
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is available for purchase at a price point of $24.99 with a 10% discount during the week of launch on Steam. The completed game once launched out of Early Access will include the following features:
- Headquarters: Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets, ‘park’ fleets and much more.
- A very large game world which will allow more distinction between ship sizes, and have pockets of empty space to travel through.
- Conquer Territory: Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against strong Gemini foes, you might recognize from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trading or purchasing resources, or conquering regions to provide a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will leveling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Conquest (Free-roam): The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.
Features available in this Early Access version include:
- A full game world that is almost 10 times larger than that of Starpoint Gemini 2.
- Start with a prologue of the story-line and continue in Conquest mode.
- Headquarters features about 50% complete.
- 13 of 19 planned freelance mission types are available as well as roughly half the modifiers.
- 50% of planned ships are available (approx. 40).
- 60% of random encounter types are present as well as roughly half the modifiers too.
- 1 of 4 character classes.
- Most of the ship’s equipment and weapons.
There is a massive feature list available on the forums that will be implemented during Early Access.
Check out the stunning cinematic trailer for Starpoint Gemini Warlords:
Starpoint Gemini Warlords is available for purchase at a price point of $24.99 with a 10% discount during the week of launch on Steam.
Related: Starpoint Gemini Warlords Announced