In a press release sent to Gaming Cypher this morning, developer Full Control announced the release date for Space Hulk: Ascension as well as provided pre-order details.
Copenhagen, Denmark – November 3rd, 2014 — Prepare yourself, Terminator! Today independent studio Full Control revealed that Space Hulk: Ascension Edition will launch on November 12th for Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam.
Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a completely new experience that takes the game to a whole new level. With reworked mechanics and a host of new features, including RPG progression mechanics, new Genestealer variations, new rules, and missions structure, Space Hulk: Ascension Edition has 10 x the content of the original game, with a playtime of 50-100 hours.
Features for Space Hulk: Ascension Edition include:
- Huge Amounts of Content – 103 unique missions spread out across 3 campaign chapters
- New Enemies – new Genestealer variations for you to face in the depths of the Space Hulk.
- New Mechanics – a complete reworking of the board game rules and mechanics. It’s still the Space Hulk game you love, reimagined for a new experience.
- Customisation – RPG-style skill progression and player squad management allow you to create your own tailor-made team of hardened veterans
- New weapons, more complex maps, combi-weapons and flash missions.
- 10 times the amount of content of the original game, with a playtime of 50 – 100 hours.
“We are so excited to announce the release date and pre-order for the next instalment of our Space Hulk game”, said Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control. “In Space Hulk: Ascension Edition, we have taken player feedback and built a new experience, with deep RPG style progression that takes the claustrophobic, tense experience in the battle against Genestealers to a whole new level”.
Take a look at some new screenshots:
Space Hulk: Ascension Edition is a 3D, digital, turn based, strategy game, which builds upon the classic board game experience, and adds new RPG style mechanics, additional weapons, enemy types, an all-new chapter and loads of other new features. Set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of ancient vessels lost in the graveyard of space, players lead a small force of fearless Space Marine Terminators in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory, alien Genestealers.
To coincide with the release date announcement, the second video developer diary reveals the design, levels and user interface behind Space Hulk: Ascension Edition.
You can take a look at the Space Hulk: Ascension dev diary video below:
Space Hulk: Ascension Edition will launch on November 12th for PC on Windows, Mac and Linux on Steam. You can pre-order it now here and get a 10% discount. If you own the original Space Hulk, you will receive an additional 15% discount off the RRP: a total discount of 25%.
Source: Press Release