These cheats can only be used in Sandbox mode.
You can quickly change your game by toggling effects on and off or by adding a quick cash infusion using the corresponding keyboard shortcuts below.
- ALT+W – Add $100,000 to City Budget
- ALT+F – Toggle Fire On/Off
- ALT+C – Toggle Crime On/Off
- ALT+M – Toggle Health Issues On/Off
- ALT+A – Toggle Air Pollution On/Off
- ALT+P – Toggle Ground Pollution On/Off
- ALT+H – Toggle Homeless Sims On/Off
- ALT+S – Toggle Sewage On/Off
- ALT+G – Toggle Garbage On/Off
Check out the SimCity 2013 Cheats trailer below:
Shutting Buildings Partially Down
You can shut down upgades you have made to your buildings. While this may not appear to be important, it can be quite helpful in some situations.
For instance, you can:
For instance, you can:
- Shut down all reactors of your nuclear power plant. It will not generate any power but no meltdowns will occur either, allowing you to place the power plant even if you cannot train the employees yet.
- Shut down patient rooms and ambulances in your hospital/clinic. They won’t function but you won’t be charged Simoleons for them either.
- Shut down garages of fire stations.
- Shut down jail cells and the car lots of police stations.
The obvious draw back is that you pay a lot of Simoleons to place them and then get nothing in return. However, you are only charged hourly for the upgades that are functioning. So if you do not have an immediate need for them, you don’t have to pay for them either. This allows you to plan ahead and place your infrastructure in advance without constraining your current income too much. Also suddenly having twice the number of firetrucks, ambulances, and patient rooms during and shortly after a disaster is quite helpful for dealing with the situation. Turn them off when it’s business as usual again to save yourself lots of Simoleons.
There are some advantages of doing it this way instead of just shutting the whole building down.
- Turning the modules on gives an instant benefit. The buildings don’t go looking for workers before becoming active.
- The buildings are already powered and watered (turning on a nuclear reactor will incease water consumption drasticly though).
- The basic building is still functioning. So normally you are charged 1,700 Simoleons/hour for 50 patient rooms for just the basic hospital. However, in times of crisis, that same hospital can have 350 patient rooms and 8 ambulances for the increased price of 8,900 Simoleons/hour. This saves you 7,200 Simoleons/hour when you don’t need them.
To do this, simply go to the building editor and click on the upgrade your want to turn off/on. A small box will pop up telling you its current cost. Click the on/off button at the bottom of this box. If the button is red and the cost is 0 Simoleons/hour, than the module is turned off.
Shutting HQs Completely Down
To run a HQ is expensive, the cost to run an Electronics HQ is $450 an hr and once you have a Consumer Electronics Division it will cost you an additional $400 an hr. However once you have plopped any of the HQ and any of its additions you can turn the power to that building off. When the building is off you will still gain the experience (usually amount of simoleans made) to get your next upgrade but, won’t have to pay the cost of running it. (NOTE 1: This method means that the Trade Port will not allow you to build any of the specialized lots until the power is turned back on, but once the power is back on and the place has workers you will again gain full access, then you can plop what you need and again turn them off.) (NOTE 2: you can also use the above method to turn off a specific addition of a HQ as well)
You can trick the taxpayers by increasing or decreasing taxes at the right timing. With this you can get huge amounts of money and increase your density easily without repercussions.
- Taxes are counted at and paid for at xx.03 every hour.
- Pause the game at xx.02 and increase all tax rates to maximum
- Unpause til its xx.03, receive the money and quickly pause it again
- Return the tax rates to normal
Also if you want you can set the tax rates to 0% to boost the happiness of your RCI and increase their density asap. just make sure you set it at the right timing so you dont suffer losses.
- A llama can be seen in the tornado if you look closely.
- When viewing the details of certain medium-wealth commercial buildings, music from the original version of “The Sims” can sometimes be heard.
- One building in the tutorial has the emblem from Spore.
We hope this will help you out some with SimCity.