Shift Happens, a “puzzle platformer for two” by Klonk Games is coming to Xbox One and Steam a week from today: February 22!
Shift Happens challenges you and a friend — or better still, significant other — to take control of Bismo and Plom, two jelly blob creatures that were joined together in a freak accident. The duo must use their newly-acquired power — the ability to exchange their size and skills seemingly at will — to survive 40 levels (30 for solo players) and four unique worlds (including a freaky laboratory, overgrown green forests, dry canyons filled with deadly winds, and bitter cold caves).
“Teamwork” is the name of the game. When shifting, both characters change sizes simultaneously in a symbiotic relationship. The bigger blob gets smaller — and the smaller blob gets bigger:
* The bigger blob can throw the smaller blob across chasms, push heavy crates, survive in shallow water, and activate weight-based triggers.
* The smaller blob can jump higher/farther, move under small barriers, and be “launched” by the bigger blob à la Titanfall 2 🙂
You and your partner can earn coins and other collectibles in every level. However, instead of sharing the wealth, it’s possible to “accidentally” cause each other to die — turning your hard-earned coins into a neat little package that’s up for grabs. Will you trust one another and work together — or will you fight for every scrap? The choice is yours!
SHIFT HAPPENS KEY FEATURES:
- Test your friendship and skills as partners with true cooperative gameplay
- Play with friends in either local or online multiplayer modes
- Conquer over 40 levels in co-op mode
- Complete 30 single-player levels designed specifically for solo players
- Discover extra challenges and rewards while playing
Here is the Shift Happens Release Trailer:
Shift Happens will arrive on both Xbox One ($14.99) and Steam $13.50 (first week, then $14.99) February 22.
A PlayStation 4 version is expected to become available on the PlayStation Store in a few short weeks.