PlatinumGames Inc. has released numerous new screenshots for its climax action title, Bayonetta 2.
Here is what the developer had to say about the game:
The witching hour strikes again. Brimming with intricate battles that take place in, on and all over epic set pieces, Bayonetta 2 finds our sassy heroine battling angels and demons in unearthly beautiful HD. You’re bound to love how it feels to string together combos with unimaginable weapons and to summon demons using Bayonetta’s Umbran Weave in this frantic stylized action game. Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Bayonetta comes packed in with the purchase of every retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2.
- Initiate the new Umbran Climax technique to temporarily summon demons and boost Bayonetta’s attack range whenever you fill her magic gauge.
- Fight with new over-the-top weapons that open new possibilities to the way you battle, including the Kafka, a bow that shoots poisonous arrows; the Rakshasa, a pair of beautiful katana blades; and a giant rifle-inspired scythe known as the Chernobog.
- Team up with a friend in Tag Climax, a two-player online co-op mode.
- In online quick matches, you can wager halos, the in-game currency that you earn by defeating enemies. You receive a large sum back if you can prove you’re a better fighter than your partner. Halos can then be traded in a story mode shop to unlock new techniques, buy accessories and pick up alternate weapon variations.
- Every chapter ends with a medal ranking: Stone, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum or Pure Platinum. The more skilled you are, the higher your ranking.
- This game is approachable for players of all levels, with settings of three difficulty levels. Through Touch Play, you can play with the GamePad’s stylus and touch screen, regardless of which difficulty you choose.
Take a look a the many new Bayonetta 2 screenshots below:
Bayonetta 2 will release along with Bayonetta in one package for Wii U and can be pre-ordered right now. Are you looking forward to playing?
Related: E3 2014 Bayonetta 2 Trailer
Source: Nintendo E3