New planes and leaderboards are added in the just released Planes & Ladders update for the popular free-to-play World War 2 game Heroes & Generals
Copenhagen – With the addition of new fighter planes all three factions in the game now have two Medium Fighter planes besides a Reconnaissance airplane and a Heavy Fighter. Bringing the total number of planes to 12 – and more are coming.
The three new planes in the Planes & Ladders update are:
- The Soviet Medium Fighter Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-3
- The German Medium Fighter Messerschmitt Bf 109D-1
- The US Medium Fighter Seversky P-35A
The new planes are placed as the first Medium Fighters players unlock after Reconnaissance planes. They are easier to control, easing the learning curve for new pilots on their path toward higher tier planes.
Introducing leaderboards in Heroes & Generals
Players in Heroes & Generals now get to compare their performance with other players across a wide variety of activities and achievements. More than 30 new leaderboards cover not only classic stats like kills, headshots, etc, but also stats for support roles, tactical actions and how good the Generals are at commanding their troops in the war.
The leaderboard categories are:
- OVERALL – ranking soldiers based on score, kills, headshots, etc.
- SUPPORT – ranking by support activities such as first aid, deploying vehicles, etc.
- TACTICAL – ranking soldiers based on their tactical performance
- WEAPONS – ranking soldiers by weapon usage
- VEHICLES – ranking soldiers based on their destruction of enemy vehicles
- ASSAULT TEAMS – ranking assault team performance and activity in the war
The leaderboards can be found at www.heroesandgenerals.com/leaderboard/ and they all show player performances from the last 30 days. So to stay on top, you will need to play regularly.
“We’re really excited about giving the players another layer of engagement for Heroes & Generals with the new leaderboards. I’m especially glad that we, besides the usual boards with kills, etc, also give credit to support roles and other aspects of the game.” says Jacob Andersen, Game Director at Reto-Moto: “It is a team effort and eventually we would like to expand the leaderboards to cover enough aspects of the game for every player to find a board where he ranks high on or even for players to set up their own leaderboards using an open API.”
Take a Look at the Heroes & Generals Planes & Ladders Update:
Future updates for Heroes & Generals will provide even more more leaderboard categories.