Developer Keith Burgun (Auro: A Monster-Bumping Adventure, 100 Rogues, and Empire: The Deck-Building Strategy Game) has released a new kind of tactical strategy game, Push the Lane! on Kickstarter and is also looking for your votes on Steam Greenlight.
In the year 2101, the world is at peace, and everyone is obsessed with a hit new action game show called “Push the Lane.”Tennor, a young guitarist, has watched her band struggle, and now break apart. Feeling desperate, she joins the Push the Lane competition, in the hopes of finding her friends, her band, and her place in the world.
Push the Lane is a unique, endlessly replayable single-player turn based strategy game that combines elements from DotA, Rogue-likes, and puzzle games into something totally new.
In the early 22nd century, a new sport/game show hybrid has emerged as Earth’s most popular pastime called Push the Lane! (Think Nickelodeon’s GUTS or Legends of the Hidden Temple). Contestants fly out to a huge space station and compete in various circuits to make it into the top ranks of the league.
In the game, waves of gems crash into each other on three colored lanes. If a yellow gem crosses all the way across to the right and hits the opposing tower, the lane pushes one tile in that direction.
- 8 playable characters with their own unique abilities at launch, more later on. (More with stretch goals!)
- 12 buildings that do different things, like produce gems, move gems, power up gems, move the player, and more. Combine the buildings together for cool combo effects! (More buildings with stretch goals!)
- A single-player campaign that tells a story about challenges, chasing dreams, and friendship
- Novel “discovery” system which lets players find secret characters, buildings, and more
- Endlessly replayable with procedurally generating elements and a single-player Elo system
- Memorable characters and charming artwork by Fariza Dzatalin
- Deep, interesting and challenging gameplay that will be frequently updated to maintain and improve gameplay balance, add features, and more
- A full original thematic rock soundtrack, including songs from other indie composers