Project Spark will be transitioning from its microtransaction status into a free and open creation engine On October 5.
If you purchased Project Spark, activated retail discs on or after July 28, 2015 or have a remainder balance of purchased in-game tokens, you will be entitled to Microsoft Store credit equivalent to your money spent. Microsoft Store credits will be awarded to all users within 30-60 days after October 5.
Microsoft is encouraging more user generated content and believes in opening up the Project Spark experience.
Rahul Sandil, Head of Project Spark Acquisition/Engagement, stated,
“Project Spark’s goal has always been to empower creativity. We’ve been an incubation engine for ideas from epic to artistic and we plan to continue doing so. Project Spark inspires and empowers over 200,000 creators who have shared tens of millions of custom objects, behaviors and experiences. Every day we see anywhere between 300 and 400 new games being uploaded on our platform. Our support of these creators and our communications with them will continue in an open, free and collaborative environment.”
New Features available on October 5 for creators:
- The maximum terrain limit in creations has been doubled
- The maximum prop limit in creations has been increased by 500
- 200+ new assets have been added in game, including a dragon, goblin warlord, bog biome and a set of new primitive building blocks
- Each creator will now have a total of 100 Upload Slots for their creations
- UGC ranking will be based on downloads and favorites, instead of upvote/downvote ratings
- The Project Spark Marketplace has been removed
- The Project Spark Tour and Treasure Trove have been removed
- Achievements have been revamped for players and creators
Head on over to the Forums for more details and information.
Source: Xbox Wire