AN EPIC JOURNEY AWAITS IN NEW ‘PORTAL KNIGHTS’ ADVENTURER UPDATE
New Content Offers Even More Ways to Build, Battle and Explore on PC and Mobile
CALABASAS, CALIF. – February 15, 2018 – Portal Knights, the award-winning cooperative sandbox action-RPG developed by Keen Games and published by 505 Games, is helping players find their next epic journey with the release of the Adventurer Update. Available today on Steam for PC and Mobile, the Adventurer Update provides players with exciting new characters, quests, items and overall game improvements designed to enhance the Portal Knights experience.
Key highlighted features of the Portal Knights Adventurer Update include:
- New Warrior Guild: Filled with new NPCs, quests and items, players will be able to venture to Fort Finch and explore the legendary structure that once ruled the land. New items from merchants including water pumps and drains, a new drawbridge, potted plants and more offer players creative and fresh ways to build and design.
- New Dedicated Servers (PC Only): Players can now set up their own dedicated servers to continue the adventure online even when friends are offline.
- Dungeon Improvements: Courageous and brave players will be handsomely rewarded by discovering new treasure chests only available in the deepest, darkest corners of dungeons.
- Treasure and Adventure Porting: Players can bring NPCs back to their home world after completing quests, allowing players to transform their vacant islands into towns, pets included! Interact with furniture and fast forward through the dangerous perils of night by sleeping in a bed.
- Combat Improvements: More than 20 new weapons have been added across all classes, along with improvements to weapon crafting. Updates will also provide players with a new combat vignette, drop table improvements for enemies and a new backstab mechanic to deal even more damage when attacking foes from behind!
- Cloud Saving: Pick up and play on any PC with new cloud saving feature!
- Controller Support (Mobile Only): Portal Knights on Mobile will now support most MFi controllers
Portal Knights players on all available platforms will also be treated to an in-game Spring Festival event in celebration of Chinese New Year. This special event, running until March 5, 2018, will task players with helping the Emperor solve the mysterious troubles plaguing his island. Completing quests in this event will reward players with exclusive Spring Festival themed items and pets such as adorable pandas and dragons. Players also have the potential to unlock a brand new themed island!
In Portal Knights, players begin their journey as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger, then level up their character while gathering resources to craft powerful weapons, armor and spells to defeat formidable monsters and epic bosses in real-time combat. Players can work cooperatively with friends or family to build structures, explore dungeons and combine the unique attack styles of all classes to overcome challenging perils together while traveling between expansive, imaginative 3D worlds.