During PAX Prime 2015, we’ve had the pleasure of meeting with nWAY’s CEO and co-founder, Taehoon Kim as well as VP, Creative, Stieg Hedlund to talk about ChronoBlade.
ChronoBlade is a free-to-play multiplayer ARPG that features side-scrolling hack-and-slash gameplay on mobile, TV, and browser platforms. The game offers cooperative and competitive synchronous multiplayer gameplay by utilizing nWay’s proprietary back-end technology. Featuring open ended character progression via customizable skill trees and equipment upgrades, players can create characters that can execute dozens of brutal combo moves using a countless variety of attacks to suit multiple types of playing styles.
Set in a parallel reality to our own, a shadow is rising: from the Multiverse’s edge, the mad army of the Chronarch Imperium has sparked a brutal war to conquer all realities. Players must raise their weapons and fight for more than their own dimension; the survival of all realities hangs by a thread. Battle through the many strange realms of the Multiverse, seek out the truth behind the Chronarch war, and unleash the power to save all worlds!
- Real-Time Multiplayer Game Play – Players can team up with friends to play synchronously in Co-op Mode or competitively in PvP mode.
- Competitive Combat – Each character has over 30 punishing ground and air attacks that can be used together to perform powerful chain combos. Attacks can be dodged, blocked and countered so skill and timing are key elements of competitive game play.
- Hyper-Accessibility – ChronoBlade will launch on the browser as a Flash-based free-to-play game so there are no large files to download and players can hop in and start playing instantly.
- Exotic Worlds and Terrifying Enemies – 14+ unique environments provide a variety of scenic backdrops, and 30+ unique enemy types ensure an exciting and dynamic gaming experience.
- Loot Drops and Equipment – Loot drops and equipment upgrades offer players endless opportunities to acquire better items and to enhance their abilities.
- Open-Ended Character Progression – Players can choose from a variety of characters, as well as build up offensive and defensive skill trees to create characters that best fit their playing styles.
Here are the new screenshots:
Take a look at the Chronoblade Game Opening Cinematic:
nWAY has collectively developed and launched over a dozen hit console and online games, including several that have redefined their respective genres: Lemmings, Grand Theft Auto, Diablo II, and Lineage II.
Chronoblade will be heading soon to iOS and Android devices, full-version Ouya and browsers.
Related: Ouya – ChronoBlade Teaser Trailer
Source: PAX Prime Interview