Grinding Gear Games has announced that they will be launching the next great expansion to their hit ARPG Path of Exile, Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds, on September 2nd, 2016.
Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds Key Features:
- Uncover the Atlas of Worlds – Use the Atlas to guide your travels as you delve deeper into Path of Exile’s map system. As you explore, you’ll gain the ability to upgrade maps and even modify the Atlas itself!
- Explore 30 New Maps – Path of Exile’s largest ever update in terms of new areas to explore, Atlas of Worlds increases the pool of end-game maps available by almost 50%.
- Defeat 19 New Bosses – Fight your way through over a dozen new boss encounters to face the four Guardians of the Atlas and earn your right to challenge the Shaper himself.
- Discover Exotic New Items – Featuring dozens of new Unique Items (many of which are designed by Path of Exile’s community) and many entirely new base item types, Atlas of Worlds contains powerful items for players to find.
- Join the Essence League – The launch of Atlas of Worlds also marks the start of the latest three-month challenge league: Essence. Encounter groups of monsters trapped by an ancient force, break them ut to steal their essence then use these to craft powerful items.
- Performance improvements – the developer has multi-threaded Path of Exile’s game engine to take full advantage of modern CPU’s. The Atlas of Worlds expansion has the best game performance of any Path of Exile release yet!
Here are the new Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds screens:
Here is the official Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds video: