Super Smash Bros. was featured today during the Nintendo Digital Event at E3 2014 and the new Amiibo was introduced.
Super Smash Bros. Details:
- Releases Oct 3 for Wii U and Holiday 2014- get to play as yourself by using Mii fighters.
- There are 3 varieties of fighters: brawlers ( empty handed) , Sword fighters (weapon masters) and Gunners (armed with mysterious cannons)
- There are 4 special moves from 12 options – the Mii fighters will have 36 special moves available.
- There will be special Mii fighters such as Take a look at Elijah Wood and Iced T.
- The 3DS version is being worked on right now.
- Palutena will be playable character.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is first game to support Amiibo, which is a new toys-to-life category.
When touching the Amiibo to the screen, the character’s data is downloaded into the game you are playing and information can be sent back to the Amiibo.
Take a look at the Amiibo trailer below:
In addition, the Amiibo will be made playable with Mario Kart 8 in the future.
Source: Nintendo E3 2014 Digital Event