REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King – Uncover the story of the Cursed King as you save the world from a twisted magician in this genre-defining role-playing game. Across the vast world you’ll wage turn-based battles against more than 250 monsters designed by artist Akira Toriyama. This updated classic also includes new dungeons, bosses, items, quests, scenes and a new possible ending!
- Punch Club – Punch Club is a boxing tycoon management game with multiple branching storylines. Your goal is clear, but how you get there depends on whether you want to legitimately climb the rankings, or take the more ridiculous, shady route.
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World – Demo Version – Before the Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World game launches for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Feb. 3, try it out with this free demo. Download it now to experience the beautifully handcrafted world and clever side-scrolling action.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Star Fox 64 – The Lylat system has been invaded! In this Nintendo 64 classic, take control of the Arwing and skim over the surface of an alien sea, weave through the concrete canyons of a futuristic metropolis or dodge planetoids the size of mountains. Complete 15 missions on your way to the final showdown on planet Venom. It’s up to Fox McCloud and his team of space mercenaries to save the galaxy from the clutches of the evil Andross.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- January Digital Deals – Nintendo kicked off its first Nintendo eShop sale of the year with January Digital Deals. Fans can save on select digital games for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, and My Nintendo members can get extra bonus savings on eligible games. Sale ends 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 25. See the details at www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
- Great deals this week include Word Logic by POWGI, Family Tennis SP, plus several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week:
- COLOR CUBES (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Koi DX (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Mega Maze (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Snowball (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Toby: The Secret Mine (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi™ Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™. Click here for details about the recent Nintendo DSi Shop service change.