UPDATE: This is a prank admitted to by Nintendo.
Nintendo has announced that it’s developing the Virtual U VR platform that rivals Sony’s Morpheus and Oculus Rift.
Nintendo described the new Virtual U VR platform has having “built-in headphones and an easy to use dongle for synchronizing data and charging the unit when not in use — pictured below — Nintendo aims to make the device as affordable, accessible and desirable as possible.”
Below is the features and objectives list of the new Virtual U VR platform, which is jokingly referred to as Virtual Boy 2 internally:
- Apps for all scenarios
- Products to accompany the headset for customisation
- Reality — a tagline will be “a new reality for U”.
- Innovative ideas
- Light to wear
- Only gaming system formally approved by the World Dental Federation
- Optimised Virtual Reality
- Leader of the field
- “Super Reality”, another key promotional phrase we can expect to see.
Are you excited about the new Nintendo Virtual U VR platform? Let us know your thoughts below.
Source: Nintendo Life