The sequel to 2014’s indie hit of stabby duelists, Nidhogg 2 is coming to PC and PS4 on August 15th, with PS4 pre-orders beginning today, July 18th.
For obvious reasons, Nidhogg 2’s dramatic shift in art style has been a major point of conversation surrounding the game. For a brief look at the reasoning behind the move, check out Messhof’s recent post at the PlayStation Blog.
Messhof previously announced the inclusion of full character customization in Nidhogg 2. Whether you’re into trendy ‘dos, fresh threads, or kinky accessories, mix-and-match an assortment of clothing and body parts to create the perfect style that says, “Yes, I am indeed worthy of the wurm!”
Nidhogg 2 builds upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor with new weapons to wield and levels to master, head-to-toe character customization, the captivatingly grotesque art of Toby Dixon, and an awesome soundtrack including music from Mux Mool, Baths, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus.
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons
- Get stylish with full character customization
- Ten stages from castles to Nidhogg innards
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables
- Go online with matchmaking and private games
Here is the Nidhogg 2 Teaser Trailer:
Nidhogg 2 is coming to PC (Win) and PS4 on August 15, 2017