BEIJING, May 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — NetEase, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTES) (“NetEase” or the “Company”), one ofChina’s leading internet and online game services providers, announced plans to introduce an extensive pipeline of PC-client and mobile games during NetEase’s 2nd Annual “5/20 Game Enthusiasts’ Day” on May 20, 2016 inGuangzhou. The event celebrates the continued passion and excitement players have for NetEase-operated games, and provides a first look at new exciting upcoming games designed to appeal to a wide audience.
NetEase revealed a pipeline of 41 total games during the event, including footage of over 20 never before released new PC and mobile games. The event highlighted the latest additions to its portfolio of 90 mobile games, including Fantasy Westward Journey: Warriors and Westward Journey: Rage, which extend the franchise ofChina’s two most popular mobile games, Fantasy Westward Journey and Westward Journey Online. Players have also been exceptionally pleased with the mobile version of New Ghost, which is currently one of the top 10 grossing games in China’s iOS app store following its debut on May 13.
To extend its success in PC-client games, NetEase is bringing a series of its legacy PC titles to mobile players, including the award-winning MMORPG Tianxia III, the best-in-class fighting game Datang, as well as a next generation 2.5D MMO game Demon Seals. Powered by the proprietary Messiah engine, the 3D Tianxia mobile is expected to bring mobile gaming to a new level. The mobile version of Datang, possibly the most anticipated fighting game of 2016, and the first MMO game produced NetEase for online PC-clients, is expected to be introduced to players later this year. Leveraging NetEase’s top class self-developed NeoX engine, the mobile version of Demon Seals will give players a thrilling experience in next-generation 2.5D MMO games.
In addition to its strong presence in MMORPG games, NetEase continues to diversify its games portfolio in different genres, including FPS, ACT, MOBA , SLG, Music and etc. Other new mobile games introduced to the Enthusiast Day audience were:
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Official Mobile Game): the officially authorized mobile game, this MMORPG features an over-shoulder view and movie quality picture
- Onmyoji: a NetEase developed game for 2016, with 3D turn-based combat based on a well-known Japanese story
- Audition Mobile: the mobile version of the popular dancing game puts players in the role of a Showbiz newcomer
- HIT: a breathtaking ARPG developed by the Lineage 2 and TERA production team
- Hero X Hero: an ARPG developed with Hack & Slash that features one-versus-many fighting
- Dawn of Steel: an action-oriented, real-time strategy game that pits powerful mechanized rigs against each other for control of an alien world’s precious resources
- Girl Exorcist: the first 3D anime-adventure mobile game, where demon hunters try to save the world from catastrophe
- Hime War: a NetEase developed 3D game integrating TPS, card games and ARPG-style play
- Richman 9: jointly developed by NetEase Games and Softstar, this is the first mobile game developed from the Richman series
- Wildfire EX: a 3D action game developed by NetEase Inception Studio that combines time travel and sci-fi elements
- S7: NetEase’s initial First-Person Open World RPG-shooting mobile game leverages next-gen technology to create an epic world
- Band of Tanks: a first-person shooter game based on famous World War II tank battles
- For the Honor: developed by NetEase, featuring six civilizations, dozens of heroes and more than 100 story chapters, this game enables countless mysteries and conflicts
- Over Ocean: The Great Voyage: in this MMO mobile game in the Age of Discovery, players sail around the world to earn money, prestige and glory
- The Legends of Glory: a MMORPG based on western magic, it requires multi-vocation teamwork
- Adventure of Tang: the first 3D turn-based MMO role playing mobile game produced by NetEase creates a fantastic new Journey to the West.
NetEase will also be introducing a series of games based on the best-selling martial arts novels by Mr. Gu Longlater this year. Some of the expected upcoming titles include Legend of Chu Liuxiang, Knife-Man, Flying Daggers,Luxiaofeng Legend and Sword Master.
During the event NetEase also demonstrated how it continues to build on its leadership in PC-client games with the introduction of the highly anticipated War Rage. This 3D online warfare game from Booming Games was four years in the making. New Ghost is NetEase’s top fantasy-themed MMORPG, and to celebrate its success a 5thAnniversary expansion edition was introduced, which features a new role, and seven new maps among other updates.
“Last year’s inaugural Enthusiasts’ Day was a tremendous success, and highlighted the depth and breadth of gamers’ devotion to our games and the NetEase brand,” said Mr. William Ding, Chief Executive Officer and Director of NetEase. “By making Enthusiasts’ Day an annual event we can show our dedication to those players, and build anticipation for our lineup of new PC-client and mobile games. China’s online game industry continues to grow and become more diverse. Our commitment to research and game development, as well as our deep understanding of Chinese audience preferences, places NetEase at the forefront of market trends and player satisfaction. It is these values that will continue to propel our success and leadership in this expanding market.”
In addition to the new games, NetEase introduced innovative new concepts that reward players, provide game development opportunities, and extend the NetEase brand. NetEase Games Project Plus was conceived to support core gamers by offering rewards such as virtual equipment, off-line gifts and member services. NetEase Games Project Plus can also identify every gamer’s favorites and push custom-designed information regarding games and benefits. Together with NetEase pictures, NetEase games unveiled the Prometheus Project, providing game players and talented screenwriters an opportunity to be involved in the game creation process. Prometheus Project includes ‘My Story Box,’ where selected life stories shared by game players will be featured in NetEase’s new movies, and “Dream Passport,” where game players will be invited to co-create game-based movies. Finally, the Company debuted its affiliation with YiJian, a new coffee shop brand with a NetEase theme. YiJian is dedicated to the high quality NetEase game culture, creating a five-star dining experience and fashionable leisure spot.