Developer Leon Daydreamer is asking for your support on Kickstarter for his visual, dark, and humorous adventure game, A Near Dawn.
A Near Dawn is a charmingly devastating psychological thriller with amusing highs, gut-wrenching crashes, and mature themes.
When Seattle-based attorney, Sam Nichols – a victim to some disturbing psychological difficulties – takes on an important new case, he finds himself exposed to progressively dire circumstances that threaten to unravel his reality and destroy those closest to him. With his mentor’s firm on the brink of collapse, Sam will have to take on a ruthless multinational corporation defended by some of the vilest people imaginable. The odds already seem out of favor, but you will soon learn that things were never as they appeared – as an even deeper conspiracy begins to emerge. Where will you find yourself if you keep untangling the threads to this mystery? You must be brave to uncover the truth!
The Prologue introduces some of the key characters, the setting, and hints at the challenges ahead. The case seems typical. It isn’t. One of the concepts for this title was to start from present day, reality as we know it, and progress down a deep well of mysteries.
- Beautiful artwork and animations rendered in 1080HD
- Immersive cinematics with frame-by-frame art
- Original soundtrack composed for the game
- Fully voiced audio provided by exceptionally talented actors
- Point and Click interface with puzzles to solve – the flow of this game is inspired by traditional adventure games
- Dynamic decisions that alter the course of your interactions with others – be they rewards or consequences for your actions
- Psychological tension – the main character has a darker personality who will come to the surface if you feed that darkness with the decisions you make
- Multiple endings – there is one true ending, but your successes or failures can take you off course, leading you to a different resolution
- Episodic narrative – this is a full game, but it is part of an ambitious project with a far-reaching storyline
Check Out the A Near Dawn Kickstarter Trailer:
You can download the A Near Dawn demo on Google Plus, Steam and itch.io. To support the game on Kickstarter, go here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1760145755/a-near-dawn-visual-adventure-game