New Kickstarter campaign to fund final Online Multiplayer mode development and completion of game
MORTON GROVE, ILLINOIS – Digital Dreams Entertainment has launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to complete development of Mutant Football League, the spiritual successor to the classic Sega Genesis sports-hybrid game, Mutant League Football. The crowdfunding goal of $60,000 will be used to complete MFL’s Online Multiplayer mode and for final game development and tuning.
Contributions to the Mutant Football League Kickstarter can begin as low as $1.00 for access to their current pre-alpha build ranging upward to exclusive collectibles like cards, posters, player statues and even personalized in-game elements like naming a player, designing a play, or owning a team within the game’s league.
About Mutant Football League
The classic Mutant League Football™ game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol’ American-style team sports.
“The wacky football game frequently graces online wish lists of franchises that need to be revived.” – Matt Helgeson, Game Informer
The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League™ is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of all kinds take the gridiron to battle it out in the most violent game ever played! This hilarious and brutal parody of professional American football will introduce gamers to some of the wildest, most bloodthirsty superstar players to ever strap on shoulder spikes.
The new MFL game is being developed by Digital Dreams Entertainment for an October 2017 release on PC/Steam, with plans for PS4 and Xbox One version releases in 2018.
Additional Game Details
- Mutants vs. Monsters: 14 vicious teams comprised of a variety of characters including: skeleton Deadheads, Bruiserbots, and monstrous Orcs.
- Online Multiplayer: Online and offline multiplayer for 2 to 4 players – competitive and co-op – so you can laugh at your friends while you crush them under your cleats.
- Gridiron Carnage: Over the top visual and gore effects include blood splatters, comically horrific deaths, fire effects, exploding body parts, and dismemberment.
- Killer Stadiums: Extremely dangerous fields are filled with diabolical traps and hazards – including explosive mines, toxic moats, lava flows and crazed fans cheering on their favorite squad of murderers.
- All Star Players: These are your game breaking, wisecracking mutants who have special skills, abilities, weapons; they’re players who can single-handedly win you the game. So you’ll need to protect them because nothing hurts worse than losing your favorite all-star to a chainsaw or giant Orc.
Further information about the MFL Kickstarter campaign is available at: Mutant Football League Kickstarter Page.