Robot Loves Kitty Announces Open Beta and Twitch Marathon for Legend of Dungeon: Masters
Legend of Dungeon: Masters lets spectators influence the action–both positively and negatively–by dropping items and messages into the game
Manchester NH – Nov. 30th- Robot Loves Kitty, the indie developers behind Legend of Dungeon and the upcoming Upsilon Circuit, have launched a free open beta for Legend of Dungeon: Masters. This sister game to Legend of Dungeon adds full fledged audience interaction into the mix by enabling viewers to provide the player with items that will either help or hinder them.
They are holding a 40+ hour online streaming marathon of the game in celebration of the open beta. You can see the full streamer schedule on their channel.
Legend of Dungeon: Masters is a unique game/interface that lets the audience affect live games of the Roguelike beat’em’up Legend of Dungeon. As players broadcast the game in real-time on Twitch, you can take pity on them, and send them glorious blades, potions, and bazookas.. or don’t! Rally the other viewers and laugh evilly as you rain hell upon them with beasts, kittens, and demons.
Help or hinder, it’s entirely up to you!
As the player you are watching delves deeper, loot chests drop, and from them everyone gets XP, currency, items, and everything you need to interact. Your inventory isn’t locked to any one stream so you can freely move between them, leaving chaos or salvation in your wake!
This news also means that Legend of Dungeon will have a new streaming game mode. Owners of Legend of Dungeon can try their hand at this new game mode that puts them at the mercy of their friends. This update for Legend of Dungeon will be out the following day, and will also add new monsters and special items (including BACON!) to the 150+ items in the game. To use the new game mode players currently need to have is a Twitch account and some streaming software.
Legend of Dungeon: Masters Features
- Symbiotic gameplay system. Whether you’re beneficial to the host or a parasite is up to you.
- Persistent inventory: items in your stash, Stars, and Coins, are useable in any livestream.
- Free to play, with optional monetization
- A new kind of asymmetric multiplayer experience when you live stream LoD. Will you trust your friends to help you on your journey to get the treasure?
- Short messages can be attached to the “gifts” sent in. sending an Imp? “it’s Imp-possible not to pun”
- Plot and discuss with fellow viewers, no chat commands to disrupt you
Legend of Dungeon: Masters is available Free on Steam in Early Access, and is playable on Windows, with Mac and Linux support planned.
Source: Press Release