Tampere, Finland – May 30th 2017 – Independent game developer 10tons Ltd. announced today JYDGE, an upcoming top-down twin stick shooter. Set in the same universe as 10tons’ 2016 hit Neon Chrome, JYDGE sees the player assume the role of a cybernetically enhanced law enforcement unit eradicating rampant crime in the futuristic metropolis of Edenbyrg.
“While Neon Chrome has been a great success for us, we quickly learned that procedurally generated levels and roguelike elements are not for everyone. We’ve built JYDGE specifically for people preferring a carefully hand-crafted yet highly customizable top-down shooter. We call this a roguehate game.” said Tero Alatalo, CEO of 10tons.
JYDGE is a top-down shooter where the player gets to build a cybernetic JYDGE and fight crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg. The augments selected by the player, as well as modifications to the Gavel rifle, and the selection of companion drones greatly alters how the game is played. Playstyles from heavy assault to stealth to extensive drone use and more are possible.
In addition to extensive customization, JYDGE features a large amount of missions and secondary challenges. For example, a level’s primary mission might be to deal with a gang of bank robbers. Secondary challenges might include rescuing all hostages, completing the level in less than 30 seconds, and completing the primary mission without being seen.
Completing missions and secondary challenges awards medals, which in turn unlock new cybernetic enhancements, weapon modifications, special weapons, missions, and more.
- Choose your cybernetics, items, mods, and companions from over a BILLION different configurations. You be the JYDGE!
- Deal ruthless Jystice with your Gavel. Fire lead, rockets, lasers, electricity, and other deadly tools of the law.
- Find creative solutions to get extra medals for your heroic performance and unlock new equipment.
- Break, enter, and confiscate as you please with vastly destructible environment.
- Team up with your CO-JYDGE for local co-op.
Here is the JYDGE Reveal Trailer:
You can help vote for JYDGE on Steam Greenlight. The game is also scheduled to release for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year.