The game is a first-person team-based shooter for up to 32 players designed for Windows® PC and Mac OS X (and in the future, Linux), using Valve’s Source Engine.
Insurgency is based on the popular total conversion for Half-Life 2 – Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat – that saw more than a million free downloads and was awarded the ModDB “Player’s Choice Mod of the Year” in 2007. It is a highly intense, realistic experience. This means no cross-hairs, realistic weapon damage, and careful maneuvering.
You can view the game trailer below:
- Experience intense 32 player online action with a focus on teamwork
- Rack up supply for your team and customize the game’s arsenal to your unique play style
- Several multiplayer game types and game modes including the intense online co-op experience “Insurgent Hunt” and a “Realism” mode crafted by the community
- Multiple environments that span several unique settings and play styles
- Three unique player classes that affect movement and gameplay on the battlefield
- Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- Help the development team prototype new maps and game modes
- Create custom maps and content using the Insurgency SDK
- Playable on both PC and Mac OSX and supports multiplayer cross-compatibility
- Dedicated Server Support for PC and Linux
What did you think?