4X STRATEGY GAME HORIZON OPENS ITS DOORS FOR MODDING
Meaty Update Coincides With Major Discount on Steam
Haarlem, The Netherlands – November 17, 2014 – Developer L3O Interactive and publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today the third post-launch update for the 4X space strategy title Horizon (PC), released earlier in 2014. The update provides full support for modders to create quests, while offering a new command points system, a configurable governor as well as several other significant features and updates.
Key Features of the Third Update:
- Full mod support for mod creators, including the ability to create quests via XML script, documentation, and many samples available on Horizon wiki/forums
- Built-in game support to enable/disable mods and a sample mod which enables playing the three ancient races in the game on top of the original 8 races
- Eight more random events
- A new Command Points System (game option) that limits number of ships per empire based on their logistical capability
- A configurable Governor system to manage the development of planets (automation) for late stages of a game
- A convenient UI for mass refitting ships and Star Bases to a new design quickly
- Many optimizations for super-fast turns late game, on very large galaxies
- Many other improvements to various parts of the game including the AI and many more minor features as requested by players
“Over the past few months we have assessed aspects of the game that could still be improved and have listened to community wishes,” said L3O Interactive’s Raffi Parsekhian. “With this third free update we feel Horizon has come to full fruition, concluding the game’s development cycle.”
The third update coincides with Horizon participating in this week’s week-long Sale on Steam, where the game is available at a whopping 66% off.
Horizon is a turn-based space strategy game of galactic exploration and conquest in which you are in control of humanity’s destiny.
You will explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover alien artefacts hidden on long-abandoned planets. You will also learn more about the galaxy as you come into contact with ten other species, each with their own unique culture, history, and schemes.
A fully interactive galaxy allows you to navigate open space between stars and planets. Patrol your borders and, when the need arises, defend your territory by engaging in ship-to-ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and then watch them become galactic centres for trade, industry, and science – and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build your battle ships. Push your empire to its limits and go beyond the known horizon!
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat which many 4X fans have been requesting for years
- Full Tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary and orbital defences
- A distinct open world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
- Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships, and technology
- An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4x mode which is also available
- Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with your allies against your enemies
- Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades. Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artefacts
- Design and customize your ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology
- A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on your build choices
- Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over a hundred star systems containing more than a thousand planets
- Fully customize your race or play as one of eight original races
Source: Press Release