President of Sony Online Entertainment, John Smedley, has announced that SOE has moved the All Access date to April 29th.
Take a look at the official tweet below:
We've moved the All Access date to April 29th. This is the most complicated change to our billing system ever, so we need to get it 100%
— John Smedley (@j_smedley) April 22, 2014
In addition, you can find the H1Z1 monetization details from Smedley on Reddit below:
- We will be selling wearables. We felt like this will be a good, fair revenue generator. However – we recognize how important finding wearables in the world is so you’ll be able to find and craft a lot of stuff. We agree that’s something important. We’ve also come up with a pretty awesome idea to let players who kill other players loot stuff. So if a player has a black ski mask and gets killed by another player, that player can wear the ski mask for a few deaths (we have durability in the game. Station Cash wearables won’t degrade at all but when you loot something.. it will degrade. Please note the original player always keeps their SC purchased wearables. This gives the great feeling of whacking some unsuspecting fool who decided to bring a knife to a gun fight.
- We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water… i.e. That’s kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.
- Nor will we sell boosts that will impact #2.
- Emote Pack – of course we’ll have the basics for free. But we felt like this is another good and fair revenue generator.
- Character slots – feels reasonable.
That Monetization thread has turned out to be a terrific source of ideas and it also is helping us steer clear of the stuff you just don’t want to see.
More to come late this week.
You can also take a look at the H1Z1 secret panoramic screenshot that was found by deciphering the Morse Code on the official website.
Source: John Smedley