Auckland, New Zealand – Grinding Gear Games, developer of the award-winning free-to-play action RPG Path of Exile, today announced that their latest expansion, Path of Exile: Ascendancy will be available on March 4th, 2016 at 12 noon(PST).
Path of Exile: Ascendancy features the Lord’s Labyrinth, a daily changing maze of deadly traps and challenges designed to test the mettle of even the most experienced PoE player. The Emperor Izaro constructed deadly trials through Wraeclast to find worthy candidates. Players will have a powerful set of new skills and items to conquer the Labyrinth, including the introduction of 19 new Ascendancy character classes, each with its own passive skill tree to master.
Other features of Path of Exile: Ascendancy include:
- Trials of Ascendancy
- Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms – an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.
- The Lord’s Labyrinth
- An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.
- Emperor Izaro
- You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.
- Ascendancy Classes
- There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
- Izaro’s power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
- New Skills
- Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.
- New Items
- Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile’s community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.
About Grinding Gear Games
Grinding Gear Games is an independent game studio founded in 2006 and based in Auckland, New Zealand. Its team members come from various countries and have a diversity of backgrounds ranging from artificial intelligence and software security to industrial design and professional tournament gaming. GGG released its flagship title, Path of Exile, in 2013 and is committed to ongoing expansions and new content releases for the critically acclaimed game. You can find more information about Grinding Gear Games by visiting here.