New and experienced FPS players enter a dark near-future universe based on The Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex TV series for refined blockbuster multiplayer mayhem
LOS ANGELES – July 18, 2017 – Enlist today as a member of Section 9, the elite tactical unit in First Assault: The Future is Now; Renewal, the bigger, faster, and stronger new episode for Nexon America and Neople’s Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex – First Assault Online (First Assault). The team-based first-person shooter pits allied squads of augmented soldiers against teams of deadly terrorists on the streets of a gritty cyberpunk world.
First Assault’s biggest episode includes a ton of new features, such as new Section 9 Operatives, solidified Operative classes, numerous gameplay changes, epic new maps, and more. FA: The Future is Now; Renewal and all gameplay upgrades are now live.
“First Assault’s gameplay upgrades are a direct result of the countless hours our dedicated player community poured into the game,” Nexon America VP of Marketing and Communications Vlad Coho said. “Experienced players will dig the new maps, the gameplay changes, and the new features, many of which are a result of player feedback. And for new players, there’s never been a better time to give First Assault a try — the game has never looked or played better than right now.”
The list of updates includes:
- Solidified Operative Classes – All Operatives now fall under three unique classes: Assault, Infiltrator, and Specialist. Assault class Operatives take advantage of higher hit and armor points. Infiltrators sacrifice durability for increased sprint speeds and slide mechanics. The Specialist is a key support Operative with unique special abilities to assist teammates, including a powerful down-jump to traverse difficult terrain.
- New Section 9 Operatives – Advanced new Operatives including the battle-hardened Azuma (Assault), brainiac cyberwarfare expert Reiko (Infiltrator), and former CIA Special Agent Sitara (Specialist) join the fray.
- Operative 2.0 – All original Section 9 Operatives have undergone major and minor balancing tweaks to either their special abilities, gameplay stats or class assignment.
- Innovative Gameplay and Modes – New gameplay changes include re-sequenced default ability bindings, weapons reclassing, and more. New players will unlock fan-favorite Operative Borma, and other free Operatives will rotate for all players every two weeks. The frantic new Elimination mode combines team intuitive deathmatch with strategic round-based combat. The first team to win six rounds takes the game. Elimination can be played on Port, Dubbing Site and Urban City.
- Epic New Maps – The new Electronics Center map is the information hub in Japan’s most important network node. The high-profile data that is routed through the facility makes it a juicy target for terrorists. The map provides players open areas outside the center and inside the lobby, as well as close quarters combat rooms and hallways as players make their way inside. The map will feature Team Deathmatch and Demolition modes. Additionally, the Cyber Ward and Downtown Dejima maps have received texture and gameplay balance advancements.
- User Interface Overhaul – The game interface has been upgraded to optimize the player experience and player flow.
- Skins Galore – Players have access new stickers, name cards, emblems and 39 new Operative and weapons skins.
- DLC – Some DLC has been retired from the shop to make room for new DLC. Click here for more information.