MidBoss’ GaymerX • Year 4 (GX4) — an event created to celebrate diversity in games — is ready to host gamers from all walks of life starting this Friday, Sept. 30, at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California.
Tickets are still available online: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaymerx-year-four-gx4-tickets-20100576365
Attendees can also buy tickets at the door.
Centered around three main attractions — talks, special events, and gaming rooms — there’s something at GX4 regardless of your race, gender, or orientation:
- Join iconic speakers such as Tim Cain (Obsidian) and David Gaider (Beamdog) as they tackle some of the most significant issues facing the game industry.
- Explore the expo hall where major studios and small indies will showcase their games.
- Stop by the dedicated tabletop room where you can enjoy hundreds of hand-picked board games.
- Rock out at concerts featuring chiptune legends Aethernaut and Steffeny Messinger
- And so much more!
Microsoft will be giving away two limited edition Xbox One S consoles — as a prize for the Cosplay Pageant, and as a raffle for all attendees!
GaymerX puts safety and comfort first so that every event can be an opportunity to meet new people and make new friends — without having to worry about negative experiences. There are even designated safe spaces that are open all weekend for gamers who need to take a moment and recharge their batteries.
Matt Conn (CEO of MidBoss and founder of GaymerX):
“This is the fourth year we’ve been able to host GaymerX — and it’s because our community makes it possible. We want everyone to know that they are welcome here. If you have a love of games, then there’s a place for you at GaymerX.”
GX4 will take place Sept. 30 – Oct. 2, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California. Attendees can buy tickets online or at the door — but hurry, because supplies are limited!
- Talks and panels: Industry legends come together to discuss fun (or serious!) topics and share stories
- Parties and special events: Meet new people, rock out, play games, or watch a cool show!
- Expo hall: AAA developers and indies are sharing their wares at G4X. Come for the tantalizing preview of games currently in development and stay for the obligatory swag
- MAGFest arcade: Play tons of arcade games (for free, of course)!
- Games galore: Join the creators of board, card and tabletop games in unforgettable sessions taking place throughout the weekend.
- “Accessibility in Gaming” – Mark Barlet (AbleGamers)
- “Things Got Better: 35 Years of Industry Changes” – Tim Cain (Obsidian)
- “Butts in Gaming: The Art of Characterization” – Laura Kate Dale (Let’s Play Video Games)
- “Fans vs. Creators: Is There a Better Way?” – Katherine Cross (Gamasutra), Donna Prior (Green Ronin), Crystal Frasier (Paizo), Tanya DePass (I Need Diverse Games) , and David Gaider (Beamdog)
- “Finding Identity in Gaming Community” – Raine Scott (IGDA LGBTQ SIG / TransAwesome)
The full GX4 schedule can be found here: https://gx4.sched.org/
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
GX4 tickets are available online:
Three-day passes are $65 and include access to all events.
VIP Passes are $145 and include a free GaymerX • Year Four VIP T-shirt, VIP Badge/Dedicated Registration Line, VIP goodie bag, and access to the Thursday Night Boss party (with two drink tickets) — and more perks to come! There are only 9 VIP passes left, so buy yours today!
Those wishing to become special Boss-Level Donors can do so for $500. In addition to a GaymerX • Year Four Boss Ticket, this package includes a metal Donor Badge, access to the Donor Lounge (with coffee and snacks), and a special donor lunch with founders and Bosses of Honor on Sunday! Names of all Boss-Level Donors will appear in the Backer HOF on the back of the program and top of the website’s Thank You page. There are only 5 Boss-Level Donor tickets left!