Focus Home Interactive and French independent developer studio Enigami introduced RPG Shiness during gamescom 2015. Through the passion and talent of the studio, Shiness already seduced a community with its successful Kickstarter campaign, and attracted attention from specialized press, thanks to its enthralling universe and an atypical, hyper-dynamic combat gameplay.
Studio Enigami needed support to finish the game and release it in the best conditions possible at the beginning of 2016. Focus, seduced by the project, answered favorably to the studio.
Cédric Lagarrigue, Managing Partner of Focus stated, “Focus Home Interactive is working with international studios, but also naturally partners with French studios now renowned such as DontNod, Cyanide, Eugen Systems, Spiders Games, and more. Discovering and supporting new talented local studios, and helping them grow is something deeply anchored in Focus’ DNA. Enigami is one of these young and passionate French studios Focus Home Interactive would love to see emerge in this very competitive industry.”
Embark on a journey through an enthralling universe, on the verge of collapsing following the fragmentation of planet Mahera. Play as Chado and his companions, traveling through the celestial islands on their flying ship. After a crash-landing on one of the most hostile of the celestial islands, you find yourself in the middle of a conflict involving multiple kingdoms. However, this explosive situation might find a peaceful outcome, with Chado’s newfound unique ability to perceive and communicate with the Shiness, a mysterious spirit embued with magic.
- Travel through an enthralling and interactive world with 5 companions, and develop your characters.
- Hyper-dynamic combat, mixing magic with fighting games combat mechanics (hits, combos, parry, etc…)
- Develop 2 skill trees (physical attacks and magic) and unlock new talents and spells
- Explore a vast world with multiple environments, that you will interact with thanks to you and your companions’ special powers and skills.
- Numerous quests and side-quests will give you the opportunity to develop your characters and their reputation.
Here is the official Shiness gamescom 2015 trailer:
Source: Official Website