Cambridge, UK – February 16, 2016 – Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today launches Elite Dangerous: Arena for PC.
Elite Dangerous: Arena thrusts players into first-person dogfights against the galaxy’s greatest pilots in stunning 3D space arenas. With easy to pick-up controls that quickly reveal incredible depth, Elite Dangerous: Arena is a new way to engage in fast-paced PVP action against players from around the world for just £4.99 ($7.49, €6.75, 375 RUB).
Elite Dangerous: Arena brings Elite Dangerous’ Close Quarter Combat (CQC) PVP game to players as a standalone release, featuring full cross-compatibility with the large and growing Elite Dangerous player community.
CQC is the ultimate 34th century gladiatorial contest between starship pilots, featuring:
- Four agile, combat-honed space ships. Choose from the fast and aggressive Federal and Imperial Fighters, the damage-dealing Eagle or the heavyweight Sidewinder.
- Multiple tactical options with custom loadouts unlocked by ranking up.
- Four Arenas: Elevate’s towering view, Cluster Compound’s mining facility, Asteria Point’s cavernous space station and Ice Field’s frozen asteroid belt.
- Eight-player Free for All, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Flag game modes.
- Realistic, agile starship handling powered by Elite Dangerous’ advanced simulation technology.
“Elite Dangerous: Arena is a different kind of multiplayer shooter, offering competitive gamers the chance to jump into thrilling space combat and challenge the world.” Frontier CEO David Braben said. “We showcase CQC to players at events around the world, and it’s a hit wherever it’s played.”
All Elite Dangerous: Arena and Elite Dangerous CQC players are eligible to enter Frontier’s $100,000 Close Quarter Combat Championships tournament. Selection will take place over a series of heats in the spring and summer, and heat winners will receive an invite to the grand final to be held at a secret location and livestreamed online later this year.
Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition, featuring CQC and full access to the new Horizons season of expansions is available now for £39.99 ($59.99, €53.99, 2998 RUB).
All Elite Dangerous players already own CQC as part of the core game, and can look forward to a new world of competition as pilots enter the fray via Elite Dangerous: Arena.
Players who buy Elite Dangerous: Arena and later choose to enter the epic Elite Dangerous galaxy will receive the full cost of Elite Dangerous: Arena off the price of Elite Dangerous: Deluxe Edition.