SYDNEY – March 2, 2016 – Blowfish Studios‘ first-person shooter and world-building hybrid Gunscape is now available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows, Mac and Linux. A Wii U release is planned for Q2 of 2016.
Gunscape enables players to create, share and play first-person shooter maps of their own design as well as enjoy levels made by other individuals on all five platforms. In addition to player-created single-player and multiplayer maps, gamers can blast through a campaign designed by the developers.
An intuitive tool kit for level creation offers a wide variety of weapons, enemies, environments and props, many instantly recognizable and paying homage to iconic first-person shooters throughout history.
Gunscape supports up to four players on PlayStation 4 in addition to eight on Xbox One and PC for split-screen multiplayer. All platforms support up to 20 players online.
Gunscape Game Features
- Create, share and play levels or just enjoy those made by other gamers
- Three types of maps: single-player, co-op campaign or competitive multiplayer
- Classic competitive game modes: Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, Gungame, Infection, Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch and Team Survival
- Two – eight player split-screen multiplayer and up to 20 online
- Cross-platform map sharing
- An intuitive level creation toolkit
- A wide selection of weapons, enemies, environments and props to build with
“We can’t wait to see the innovative level designs players will create, and with cross-platform sharing, there will be an endless amount of content to keep gamers busy,” said Benjamin Lee, CEO of Blowfish Studios.
Here is the official GUNSCAPE launch trailer:
Gunscape is available for $19.99 in North America and €19.99 in Europe on PlayStation Store, Xbox Marketplace and Steam. A free to play version is also on Steam, with optional microstransactions to purchase additional level design elements, which come standard in the premium versions.