Jump into the story of a fantasy world completely bi-dimensional, ruled by King Square and threatened by the theft of the Magical Jewels that keep the balance and harmony between the dimensions. This terrible robbery is the reason why the Flat Kingdom is shattering and becoming 3D, so the survival of its native paper-like inhabitants is being seriously threatened. But luckily King Square soon found the only one able to stop the heinous thief and recover the Jewels. Play as Flat, a 2D hero with the ability to change shapes to beat his foes and survive in this inter-dimensional chaos.
Flat Kingdom is filled with fun platforming action, puzzles and some Metroidvania elements. The game is heavily influenced by Nintendo’s 80’s and 90’s classics, such as the Kirby series, first Mega Man games, Demon’s Crest and even some modern games like Kingdom Hearts.
Flat Kingdom Features:
- Jump into a beautiful papercraft worlds, filled with details and references to classic games!
- Test your might with epic and challenging battles against giant bosses!
- Uncover all of the game’s secrets! There are side quests, upgrades and all kinds of surprises!
- Learn all about the kingdom’s lore and history by finding hidden scrolls!
- Music by legendary composer Manami Matsumae! (Mega Man, Shovel Knight, Mighty No.9)
Watch the Flat Kingdom launch trailer:
Flat Kingdom launches on Steam and Humble Store April 7, 2016.