Square Enix has announced that Patch 2.5 for Final Fantasy XIV is now in effect.
LOS ANGELES (Jan. 20, 2015) – The conclusion of the main scenario of FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A Realm Reborn ® begins today with the release of Patch 2.5, titled “Before the Fall™” Part One, in preparation for the upcoming release of HEAVENSWARD™, the first major expansion releasing in Spring 2015.
New content in Patch 2.5 includes:
- The beginning of the final chapter in the main storyline
- New high-level dungeons
- The Keeper of the Lake
- The Wanderer’s Palace (Hard)
- Amdapor Keep (Hard)
- “The World of Darkness,” the conclusion of the 24-player Crystal Tower raid series
- A new Odin trial that challenges eight players to defeat the elder primal
- The latest adventures of Hildibrand — agent of enquiry, inspector extraordinaire — featuring the return of Gilgamesh on his ongoing quest for the strongest of swords
- New rules for the massive 72-player PvP (player versus player) Frontline battle content
The full Patch 2.5 notes can be found here.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is available for PC, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. A free 30-day trial is included for new FINAL FANTASY XIV accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99. The game recently surpassed 2.5 million adventurers worldwide.
Source: Press Release