LOS ANGELES (April 23, 2015) – SQUARE ENIX today announced that its class role-playing game (RPG) FINAL FANTASY® IV: THE AFTER YEARS is headed to STEAM on May 12th. A direct sequel to FINAL FANTASY IV, FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS is set two decades later than its predecessor and focuses on the arrival of the “second moon.”
Originally released for Japanese mobile phones in 2008, the game has undergone a full 3-D make-over, with a new opening movie by Visual Works and a number of STEAM achievements. Take part in the epic sequel that unfolds nearly two decades after the events of FINAL FANTASY IV. Classic characters make their return alongside several new heroes, such as Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa.
Seventeen years have passed since the war’s end, and the son born to King Cecil and Queen Rosa of Baron has grown into a young man. Prince Ceodore has enlisted in the airship fleet known as the Red Wings, eager to meet the expectations demanded of his blood and station. Yet once more another moon has appeared in the sky, and with it vast hordes of monsters intent on destruction. The brief peace enjoyed by the Blue Planet now stands threatened under the shadow of impending catastrophe.
· Ten Playable Chapters – Begin your journey with “Ceodore’s Tale.” Complete it to unlock the chapters of six additional characters, which can be played in any order, and then return to the core story with “Kain’s Tale,” “The Lunarian’s Tale,” and “The Crystals.” FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARSfeatures the extensive story of all ten chapters.
· Active Time Battle – Take control of exhilarating combat made possible by the non-stop action in Square Enix’s iconic battle system.
· Lunar Phases – Feel the moon’s presence in combat, as its waxing and waning influences the potency of attacks and abilities of all combatants. Lunar phases cycle naturally with the passage of in-game time, or when resting at an inn, tent, or cottage.
· Band Abilities – Combine the strength of your party members to awesome effect with Band abilities that can be unlocked through in-game events or by leveling your characters’ Affinity.
· STEAM Trading Cards and Achievements
Here is the intro video:
The game is now available for pre-order via STEAM for a 10% discount off of the MSRP ($15.99).
Source: Press Release