The United Empire Join Sophons, Voydani, Cravers, and Lumeris for a Total of Five Playable Factions
Paris, France – November 23, 2016 – Award-winning developer Amplitude Studios has announced a new update for their sci-fi strategy game Endless Space 2. The update adds one major faction, the United Empire, plus three new minor factions, and gameplay changes including an increased turn limit, a reworked truce system and more! Set in the same universe as the original Endless Space and its fantasy-themed spin-off Endless Legend, Endless Space 2 is a turn-based, 4X space-strategy game that expands the popular Endless universe even further.
Currently in Early Access, Endless Space 2 features five asymmetric factions with a total of eight factions planned for the final version of the game.
Endless Space 2 Update Includes:
- Increased turn limit: The score victory will now trigger at turn 200!
- New major faction: The United Empire, which features economics-focused gameplay based on the generation and use of Influence
- 3 minor factions: The Pilgrims & Amoeba factions from Endless Space, and the new Z’vali faction have been added
- Minor faction quests: Players can now assimilate minor factions through various special quests
- Marketplace: Allows players to acquire resources and heroes in exchange for Dust
- Technology Tree: Era 4 of the Tech Tree has been added, offering for more research paths, unlocks and buildings
- Deeds: Players will receive special rewards for performing specific actions.
In addition to the features listed above, Amplitude Studios has once again listened to its community: the truce and weapons systems have been revamped. Indeed, truce will no longer be forced but will instead be based on civil unrest. And, with the reworked ship design system, players no longer have any restrictions on weapons, as all hulls can use kinetics, beams, lasers and missiles. Find the complete release notes on the official Dev Blog.
Watch the Endless Space 2 United Empire Prologue Trailer:
Endless Space 2 is now available for PC on Steam Early Access for $29.99 (standard edition) and $37.49 (digital deluxe edition).