Haarlem, The Netherlands – September 18, 2014 – Veteran Publisher Iceberg Interactive and award-winning developer Amplitude Studios are proud to announce that their highly anticipated 4X fantasy-strategy game Endless Legend will officially leave Early Access and launch on Steam today.
The European boxed release for Endless Legend will hit retail stores in Germany, France, and the UK one day later, and will include a full color manual and a beautifully crafted art book, showing the eight dynamic factions and dozens of examples of the French developer’s rich and distinct art style.
Take a look at the new screenshots below:
“Endless Legend has been a long time in the making and we are extremely excited for players to experience the final version of the game,” said Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive. “Amplitude has done it again by delivering a beautiful, intriguing, absorbing and astonishingly fun game to add to the Endless Universe.”
“Endless Legend is our biggest and most complex game to date,” said Romain du Waubert, COO and Creative Director at Amplitude Studios. “By tapping into our responsive community and constantly looking to improve, we believe we’re offering 4X and strategy gamers something completely different to what’s on the market today. As with our previous game Endless Space and its many free upgrades, the release is the beginning of a great collaborative adventure between the studio and the players.”
About The Cultists of the Eternal End Faction:
“This mysterious cult led by two creations are remnants of the Endless. The Queen, and the Unspoken, a wandering – and perhaps insane – being of enormous power.
Left alone on the planet for millennia, they have turned against their creators and sworn to destroy every trace of their existence.
The Cult maintains a single city where the Queen is entombed in her indestructible throne. Its power therefore is projected across Auriga through proselytization and conversion, when the faithful followers and heroes of the Cult convince other, lesser peoples to join their cause.
The Cultist can recruit, train, and arm these converts from the tribes and vagrants that live scattered across the surface of Auriga. Regardless of where they are or to whom they have previously sworn allegiance, when a tribe turns to the Cult it does so until its death.
Monolithic, fanatic, and ever-expanding, the Cult of the Eternal End will spare no effort, costs, or sacrifice to see that its will is done.”
Endless Legend Features Include:
- Single or Multiplayer: Endless Legend takes place in the Endless Universe and employs new twists on combat, pacing, events, environment and single-and multiplayer gaming for one to eight players.
- Pick from eight fantastic, unconventional factions featuring wild, primal elves, monk-like dragons and parasitic swarming clans to begin your adventure. For the Alpha build, players can select three out of the eight factions and advance through the use of weaponry, technology, and other “Endless” elements, such as the Dust as per Endless Space.
- Minor Factions: Connect with 16 minor factions to incorporate into their empire.
- Research around 100 technologies across four eras through quests and research, while collecting Dust, luxuries, and strategic resources tradable at the marketplace.
- Eight potential win scenarios for players experience through culture, trade and conquest. Example of a win: One enables your race to discover an ancient spaceship, leave the planet, and become and embryonic version of one of Endless Space’s galactic factions.
- Endless Legend does away with skill trees with branching paths, instead enabling players to accumulate enough experience to advance to the next age without linear paths to follow.
- Explore unknown territory by sending heroes into every corner of the world to find mysterious artifacts to equip troops.
Here is the official launch trailer:
Endless Legend has left the Early Access program and launched on Steam today.
Related: Endless Legend Focus Video
Source: Press Release