The award-winning Elite Dangerous is available now for PlayStation 4 digital and retail
Cambridge, UK. – Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today launched the critically acclaimed massively multiplayer space epic Elite Dangerous for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system.
Elite Dangerous and the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass are now available digitally on the PlayStation Store as standalone products or together as part of the Commander Deluxe Edition, complete with the bonus Commander Paint Pack. Elite Dangerous is also available at physical retail stores for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in the Elite Dangerous: Legendary Edition, featuring Elite Dangerous, the Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass and a bonus 1,000 Frontier Points for purchasing in-game cosmetic items.
About Elite Dangerous
Elite Dangerous brings gaming’s original open-world adventure to the modern age with the 400 billion star systems of the real Milky Way re-created at their full galactic proportions, an evolving player-driven narrative and fully connected multiplayer experience.
- Play Your Way. Fight. Trade. Explore. Survive. Starting with only a small starship and a handful of credits, blaze your own trail in a cutthroat galaxy and earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the legendary Elite. Customize your ships, build a fleet and live a complete life on humanity’s galactic frontier.
- A Hard Science Galaxy. From outer space to the surfaces of worlds, Elite Dangerous uses real scientific principles to re-create the sights and spectacle of our own Milky Way galaxy at its true proportions, all powered by the most sophisticated simulation in videogames.
- Massively Multiplayer. Experience unpredictable encounters as you cooperate and compete with players from around the world in the Milky Way galaxy of the fourth millennium. Journey alone or with friends in space and on planet surfaces.
- Player-Driven Narrative. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and evolving narrative. Governments are overthrown, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
About Elite Dangerous for PlayStation 4
Elite Dangerous launches for PlayStation 4 with every game expansion to date, the full Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass and custom PlayStation 4 features, including.
- Touch Navigation. Explore Elite Dangerous‘ map of the Milky Way with a swipe using touchpad controls that make navigation fast and easy.
- Extra Control. Customize four additional touchpad ‘hotkeys’ to suit your own play style.
- Fast Headlook. Quickly track your enemies in the heat of combat with optional motion-based headlook controls powered by the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
PlayStation 4 Pro players will further benefit from enhanced performance and a choice of two graphics settings: Quality, favoring visual fidelity; and Performance, favoring high framerate.