Cambridge, UK. – 8 December 2016. Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced it will bring its critically acclaimed massively multiplayer space epic Elite Dangerous to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in 2017.
Elite Dangerous brings gaming’s original open-world adventure to the modern age with the 400 billion star systems of the real Milky Way re-created at their full galactic proportions, an evolving player-driven narrative and fully connected multiplayer experience.
Elite Dangerous Key Features:
- Play Your Way. Fight. Trade. Explore. Survive. Starting with only a small starship and a handful of credits, blaze your own trail in a cutthroat galaxy and earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the legendary Elite. Customize your ships, build a fleet and live a complete life on humanity’s galactic frontier.
- A Hard Science Galaxy. From outer space to the surfaces of worlds, Elite Dangerous uses real scientific principles to re-create the sights and spectacle of our own Milky Way galaxy at its true proportions, all powered by the most sophisticated simulation in videogames.
- Massively Multiplayer. Experience unpredictable encounters as you cooperate and compete with players from around the world in the Milky Way galaxy of the fourth millennium. Journey alone or with friends in space and on planet surfaces.
- Player-Driven Narrative. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and evolving narrative. Governments are overthrown, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
About Elite Dangerous for PlayStation 4
Elite Dangerous will launch for PlayStation 4 in Q2 2017 with every game expansion to date, the full Elite Dangerous: Horizons season pass and custom PlayStation 4 features, including:
- Touch Navigation. Explore Elite Dangerous’ map of the Milky Way with a swipe using touchpad controls that make navigation fast and easy.
- Extra Control. Customize four additional touchpad ‘hotkeys’ to suit your own play style.
- Fast Headlook. Quickly track your enemies in the heat of combat with optional motion-based headlook controls powered by the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
PlayStation 4 Pro players will further benefit from enhanced performance throughout Elite Dangerous.
“We’re thrilled to bring Elite Dangerous to PlayStation 4,’ said Frontier CEO and Elite co-creator David Braben. ‘Elite Dangerous is unlike any other space game, with a rich multiplayer or single-player space, a true-to-life galaxy including our own entire night sky, real physics, unique ship handling characteristics and a player-driven narrative that’s really heating up. The galaxy has been stable for centuries, but all that is about to change. PlayStation 4 players will be joining our galaxy at a very exciting time.”
Here is the Elite Dangerous PlayStation Announce Trailer:
Elite Dangerous is coming to the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system in 2017.